• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip Report: BWV May 5-8, 2006 with pictures

Doug7856

DIS Veteran
BWV May 5 – 8

We had a wonderful first visit to the Boardwalk Vilas May 5-8. We stayed in a studio, room 3063. About three doors from the elevator. Couldn’t have been a better location with easy access to everything! Our party of three consisted of myself, DW and DS are 4.

47b6db37b3127cce897a5e7d0fd200000015108EYtGLRqybM

The room was in very good condition and we had a nice view of the village green and the sitting area just outside the lobby. We were just a few steps from the theme pool and the village green and the boardwalk and the boats and the not too far from the buses. Couldn’t have been better!

47b6db33b3127cce895d91434d1e00000016108EYtGLRqybM

Dinning
We booked the dining plan so on our first evening we headed over to Downtown Disney for a dinner at Wolfgang Puck’s. This was an amazing meal and the best of our trip. For Saturday we ate dinner at the Coral Reef. This was not a good meal – raw fish, poor service and no dessert delivered for me (my wife and son both got there desserts that were ordered at the same time as mine). Overall, this was the worst meal I’ve ever had a Walt Disney World. For Sunday, we enjoyed the buffet at Chef Mickey’s. This was my 4 year old’s favorite meal! For counter service we ate at the Boardwalk Bakery (excellent deli sandwiches), the Boardwalk Pizza location, and Flame Tree BBQ (excellent).

The Parks:

Everything was just great. On Saturday we enjoyed a few hours at Disney Studios and then the afternoon and evening at Epcot. Sunday evening we did extra magic hours at the Magic Kingdom and had an amazing time. On Monday my son picked Animal Kingdom. It was hot this day, cloudy and crowded (early entry). I did enjoy Expedition Everest and we enjoyed the safari, but not much else.

47b6db33b3127cce895da2680db400000016108EYtGLRqybM

Transportation:

You can’t beat the walk to Epcot and the boat to Disney MGM. The bus service was less than spectacular. I’ll never understand the criticism of SSR transportation after experiencing BWV bus service! We didn’t wait long, but it seemed like forever to get anywhere. Each bus seemed like a tour of the Epcot resorts. For example, we waited less than ten minutes for the bus to Downtown Disney, but it took over 45 minutes to get there. Overall, the resort location was amazing for access to Epcot and Disney MGM, but about average for everywhere else.

The Boardwalk:

Wow, how much fun could this be?! On our walk back from Epcot, our son was selected to participate in the magic show. He is quite a ham and loved every minute of it. We really enjoyed the evening entertainment!

47b6db33b3127cce895d96578ca100000016108EYtGLRqybM

The Pool:

The theme pool is wonderful. On Sunday afternoon we were eating lunch and just enjoying the location, the warm weather and the sounds of fun at the pool. It couldn’t have been better. Our son loved the slide and we used the pool every day but the last.

47b6db37b3127cce897a42910f3000000016108EYtGLRqybM

Summary:

Wow, we loved the BW villas. The location was great, the room was great. The theme was great. As much as we loved BWV, overall we list it as our second favorite DVC resort, our favorite being home: SSR. We missed SSR this trip and will be returning in December.

Thank you for taking the time to post your tr and adding pictures!! I appreciate your opinions of the resort, the bus system, etc!!

Even if its making me want to rent a car while we're there!! lol

Thanks so much for the great trip report. We just bought at BWV in January and our first trip home will be Nov./Dec. for the Christmas season. We are very excited and it is so good to see all your photos. I can hardly wait! Glad to hear your comment on the Boardwalk Bakery. We plan on eating there and I hadn't heard too many comments about it. Thanks again.

We love the BWV too.

One thing we learned about the buses was to go to the Dolphin (the walk from our room was actually closer then the BW bus stop) By getting on at the Dolphin you eliminated the Epcot Resort tour! ( on way back we got off at the 1st stop and walked from whereever it was (either the BW, Swan or Dolphin)

Same with the boat to MGM-- We got on and off at the Dolphin/Swan stop and walked to the BW from there.

Thanks for sharing! Loved the pics! :thumbsup2

Your pictures are so crisp, clear, thank you!!! I may have been in the studio below yours last October, it was a great location!

Bobbi :thumbsup2

Thanks for the wonderful report. We are trying to decide if we want to switch from BCV (the only DVC we have stayed) to BWV or VWL on our next trip.

Also was your room Prefered view or Standard View?

Excellent trip report - I can't wait to go to BWV in a couple weeks! I loved your pictures, they were all outstanding :thumbsup2

lisareniff said:
Thanks for the wonderful report. We are trying to decide if we want to switch from BCV (the only DVC we have stayed) to BWV or VWL on our next trip.

Also was your room Prefered view or Standard View?

The room was a perferred view. The location really was great. We haven't done the BCV yet. We definately enjoyed BWV.

:thumbsup2 Great report; great photos - I miss our home!!! Can't wait for July.

Thanks too for the meal reports - so glad BBakery works well for CS on dining plan!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter