Trip insurance recommendations?

row

Mouseketeer
DCL newbie here. I'll be cruising (my first!) to the Bahamas first week of September. Since it's hurricane season, I've read trip insurance is highly recommended and to go with a third party rather than with Disney. Any suggestions on who I should look into? Anyone here have any experience with making an actual claim? I obviously don't want to have to jump through a bunch of hoops in the event that I do have to make a claim. Any advice is appreciated!

DCL newbie here. I'll be cruising (my first!) to the Bahamas first week of September. Since it's hurricane season, I've read trip insurance is highly recommended and to go with a third party rather than with Disney. Any suggestions on who I should look into? Anyone here have any experience with making an actual claim? I obviously don't want to have to jump through a bunch of hoops in the event that I do have to make a claim. Any advice is appreciated!
My suggestion: do a google search for "trip insurance comparison site". You'll find a couple there that many of us use. Sorry, can't post a direct link to at least one of them.

There you can put in the parameters of what you want covered and they will show you the policies from many companies you can compare side by side. I typically look at the 3-5 lowest priced ones and decide which of them covers the most of what we want.

For us the biggie in trip insurance is medical/evacuation coverage as our health coverage here in the US doesn't cover us "out of country" (and that's where you are as soon as you step aboard the ship).

I agree with everything Shmoo said. I can add that we used Allianz for our cruises and other large trips and we did have an actual claim for one of the non-cruise ones. We had to start our trip a couple of days late for an approved reason, so we made a claim. They told us what documentation we needed to submit to prove it, and after we did so, they sent us a check. We were very satisfied with their processes. I can also say that we found calling them on the phone was very helpful so we could tell them exactly what we were concerned about and they could give us a coverage that included those things. They were patient and helpful.

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter