trip cancellation questions

Hemlock

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for some advice on trip cancellation insurance. We travel to Orlando from Ontario for 2 weeks every March. In the past, I haven't purchase trip cancellation insurance. However, for our upcoming trip we are taking me niece and my son's friend along. I will be paying for their flights and park tickets with my credit card and will be reimbursed by their parents (we haven't booked anything yet). I don't have any type of trip insurance coverage on my credit card. Is it possible to purchase trip cancellation insurance that would cover my niece and my son's friend, as well as my family? I'm mostly concerned about the air fare, since parks tickets could be used at a later date. Any recommendations on where to start looking for insurance? I seriously know NOTHING about cancellation insurance, but with my parents and in-laws getting older I think we need to have some sort of insurance just in case.

If you are booking through Air Canada, WestJet, etc. you are given the opportunity to purchase cancellation insurance at the time of booking. This may be easiest thing for you to do.

When I booked directly through Disney last year they offered me insurance (and I purchased it). It included cancellation, interruption and delay - including weather. That was the main reason I booked - we flew out of Buffalo on Dec 31. You only have to pay for the adults and any child under 17 is automatically covered. It was $155 total.

Here's a link to the info on the Disney site. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/faq/rooms-packages/travel-insurance-benefits/

Wherever you purchase your insurance from, you may want to mention there are non family members included in your vacation plans. When I shopped for insurance, a few companies informed me that their policies were only for family members. I asked what would happen if friends travelled, they said the friends would have to get their own insurance for cancellations etc..

I'm not sure if all companies are like that, but it might be worth mentioning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter