Trick or Treating with the mouse

Wow, you have a lot of Disney stuff going on!! Very fun. I gotta get going too. With the wedding and the Disney trip, I have so much to do!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your first movie night.

And we started our countdown chain for our last trip pretty far out. I think we were at around 150 days out when we started. So, I know we'll start ours up again very soon.

Hello!

Just found your PTR, and I am following all for the long haul. :goodvibes I am going to catch up and read your previous PTR possibly but definitely your current TR! Off to read it now...:surfweb:

I'm going to have to check out artscow, I think, it sounds like they do some pretty neat stuff. Can you buy a smaller album and just swap out the cards as you go? Sounds like a busy day for you today!:goodvibes

artscow is awesome because they are the only ones that I know of that will print the Mouse stuff--I'll take pics and post our autograph cards from December and our Holidays around the world passport book--super cheap and excellent quality. they send out discount codes all the time for free or super cheap and free shipping--now the only problem I have with them is they are SLOW to ship photo books, so if you order a photo book order at least 2 to 3 months before you need it, because you might not get it in time. I ordered in October and didn't get ours for EPCOT until the end of November, I was in a serious panic thinking it wouldn't get here in time, but it did finally.
I think the smaller photo albums would be alot better, that's what I used for our character meal autograph cards and it was so much lighter to carry around, so I guess we'll just have two or three little ones instead of that bulky one I carried around last time--but then there is the issue of having something hard for the characters to sign on.... hmmmm, I guess it's back to the drawing board again, lol.

subbing in... and going to check out artscow!

I love the movie night idea and we may have to do that! :thumbsup2 Is there a thread floating around here with ideas?

It's a great company just order in plenty of time for photo books ;) the movie night thread has soooo many cool ideas! I think you already found it lol, at least I did my part to contribute a little more to your addiction.:lmao: I'll post the details of movie night in just a sec!

Wow, you have a lot of Disney stuff going on!! Very fun. I gotta get going too. With the wedding and the Disney trip, I have so much to do!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your first movie night.

And we started our countdown chain for our last trip pretty far out. I think we were at around 150 days out when we started. So, I know we'll start ours up again very soon.

Glad you're here! I know you are super busy--I can't imagine planning a wedding and disney at the same time--your location pics were beatiful in your PTR

Hello!

Just found your PTR, and I am following all for the long haul. :goodvibes I am going to catch up and read your previous PTR possibly but definitely your current TR! Off to read it now...:surfweb:

Welcome!! So glad you're jumping in here--it's been alot of fun so far and writing the TR for December has been so much fun--I'll have another post up on it soon

Our 1st Movie night----101 Dalmatians

Well we started out with a few Dollar tree supplies, a few clearance goodies, a Disney keepsake, some messy fun homemade goodies and we had a movie night in the works--

We picked up a white tablecloth and some red plates/cups at the Dollar Tree for our tableware but I really wanted some dots on it, lol. So during GenevaClaire's naptime I punched out 1" circles from my quickutz vinyl and viola we had dalmatian spots for the tablecloth. lol. Ok so that's done, we had already had Daddy blow up a bunch of balloons earlier in the week, so we just used the red and black ones for the table top. Then We needed a centerpiece, well since we didn't have any dalmatian dogs, I improvised. We had just purchased a christmas basket in Red and black at Michaels 75% clearance, so we used that and put the movie and one of GenevaClaire's keepsakes from our December trip, the Movie clapper chalkboard--so now the table is all set and ready to go.
365.jpg

366.jpg

On to the food--we made personal pizza's and dogbone cookies. I thought I had everything to make the dogbones for the dogs but realized we didn't have enought eggs to make them and the cookies, so our dog bone cookies won out over the puppies dog bones. We're going to make those one day this week.
368-1.jpg

373-1.jpg

369.jpg

(GenevaClaire even insisted on wearing a matching outfit in black and red polka dots, lol)
It was a super fun night, until GenevaClaire got tired, and then she was restless and then that led to acting up and being super goofy and not wanting to watch the movie:confused3 So it was fun, but I learned a great lesson, do not do these late in the day, for us it needs to be lunchtime or just after naptime on Saturday or she's not going to be able to sit and enjoy the movie.(neither are we) Next movie night is Snow White :)

Ok so on to other to Disney goodness--Got great news that I have some Disney Vault movies on the way... We didn't have kids when these were available or were to caught up in Genevaclaire's health issues so we didn't buy them before they went back in the vault, but my Aunt has found them for me! YAY. So we have Bambi, Lion King, Cindrella, Lady and the Tramp and the Little Mermaid DVD's coming in the next week.:cool1: And my BIL is going to lend us his Copy of Song of the South when that movie night rolls around so we only have a few movies to either buy, rent or borrow to finish out the movie night schedule between now and the trip dates.

I plan on making shirts for us this trip, since time ran out last trip and I didn't have everything I needed. So I was checking my email tonight and in the ACMoore ad starting tomorrow the hanes 50/50 tees are 4/10.00 so I'm going to go buy a few this week and my plan is to purchase a few each time that they go on sale at ACmoore or Michael's and then it won't be a huge purchase when I'm ready to make them in the spring/summer for our trip. I also found the transfers online at great price and I'll buy those in the next month or two so I'll have that part purchased. Then it will be the most expensive thing, the ink. UGH. my printer is an hp and it's crazy how expensive the inks are, but I get the coupons thru email for office depot and office max so each coupon I get--- I'll buy a set of inks and save 10 bucks each time and earn reward bucks to use the next quarter. So hopefully planning this far in advance will make the expense of tshirts not such a sticker shock all at once.

okey dokey that was a long post, sorry. Thanks if you stuck around to this point, next up is super special treats possibly planned for trip...

First of all, Piper says hello! lol. I can't wait to see the pics of your autograph cards, they sound very cool! I've seen some people talk about taking a mini clipboard and putting holes in the tops of their autograph cards and attaching them to the top hole of the clip on the clipboard. You could prob make them large enough so you could cut off the top inch where the hole is later. Not sure if something like that would interest you or not though.

Woohoo for movie night! I think you did a great job, love the red and black theme, and the cookies..so cute. And the pic of GenevaClaire is just awesome, I love the look on her face! :cutie: Hooray for more dvds! And Song of the South, how awesome is that, it is blacklisted in the US and can no longer be bought! Okay, and now the big question of the night..where did you find the movie board at DHS, and would you mind giving me an idea of the price? Piper will be absolutely gaga over something like that! She is all about making up plays, etc.

First of all, Piper says hello! lol. I can't wait to see the pics of your autograph cards, they sound very cool! I've seen some people talk about taking a mini clipboard and putting holes in the tops of their autograph cards and attaching them to the top hole of the clip on the clipboard. You could prob make them large enough so you could cut off the top inch where the hole is later. Not sure if something like that would interest you or not though.

Woohoo for movie night! I think you did a great job, love the red and black theme, and the cookies..so cute. And the pic of GenevaClaire is just awesome, I love the look on her face! :cutie: Hooray for more dvds! And Song of the South, how awesome is that, it is blacklisted in the US and can no longer be bought! Okay, and now the big question of the night..where did you find the movie board at DHS, and would you mind giving me an idea of the price? Piper will be absolutely gaga over something like that! She is all about making up plays, etc.

Good Morning! Tell Miss Piper that GenevaClaire and I say HI!
the clipboard is a great idea! I know the scrapbook store has little clipboards that I could decorate and use--GREAT idea!! Thank you:thumbsup2
I'm excited about the dvd's too--Song of the South was an awesome find, Ben's cousin has a condo in the Philliphines and he picked up for Ben's brother when he went over to visit --and brought it back with him.
GenevaClaire loves putting on skits and pretending so she had to have it--it came from the muppet store, it's right across from the exit of the Muppet Vision3D--I don't know exactly where in the store she picked up it though... lol. It was 7 or 8 bucks.
I'm going to take pics of the autograph cards right now and I'll post right after I make breakfast for Ben--GenevaClaire, the puppy and the cats have eaten--he's the only lazy bones around here this morning, lol.

as promised here are pics of a few of the autograph cards and the Holidays around the world passport for epcot... although not many of the performers for Holidays around the world will sign---only a few of them that we found were "allowed" to sign.
007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

006.jpg

a HUGE thank you to Natalie here on the DISboards for the AMAZING DISigns!!

Those are so cute, Veronica, and definitely keepsake quality! Thanks for the tip on the movie board, we'll definitely look for them, esp. since the Muppets 3-D is pretty high on our to do list at DHS..I actually have a lot of the old Muppet shows on video cassettes and Piper loves them as much as I do!

eating and celebrating :) fun thing to think about isn't it...

For the most part we're going to do the same meals/restaurants as last time, except there will be no Garden Grill Character meal, that place was horrible. BLECH and no Play and Dine Character breakfast...but that may change before our ADR date...

Here's our definite lists old and new

CRT for Breakfast again
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Faire dinner
Safari breakfast at AK
Liberty Tree tavern
Lilo and Stitch Breakfast
Tony's
Whispering canyon
Storybook Breakfast Epcot
Hoop De doo (looking forward to this one)
Brown Derby
50's diner (maybe? maybe not)
chef Mickey's
Coral reef
Le Cellier

We didn't attend the Princess Tea party last time so we are definitely going to it this time around, MNSSHP, Campfire sing along, the water parade from the Beach at Poly and who knows what else I can pack into 11 days, lol. but that's just what has crossed my planning path the past few days...
Not sure if I/we'll do any activities at FW or not, I don't believe that they have any activities that are actually geared to small kids like GenevaClaire so we'll just have to wait and see

let's see, the past week has been a bit crazy. School finally was in session a whole week, long enough for GenevaClaire to be exposed to some icky respiratory germs and she's sick, sick, sick. It appears to be pneumonia again, but I can't confirm it until they culture her blood sample again today---which will make it the second time in 2 months and the third time in a year. ugh. With her lung damage and the compromised immune system she's a walking, talking target for it. Her fever keeps spiking from 100 to 103, but tylenol is working, so that's good.
We postponed movie night this weekend because she was in the begining stages of this garbage, so I had planned on having movie night tonight, but now I'm not so sure. We'll just have to wait and see if we can have snow white movie night

eating and celebrating :) fun thing to think about isn't it...

For the most part we're going to do the same meals/restaurants as last time, except there will be no Garden Grill Character meal, that place was horrible. BLECH and no Play and Dine Character breakfast...but that may change before our ADR date...

Here's our definite lists old and new

CRT for Breakfast again
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Faire dinner
Safari breakfast at AK
Liberty Tree tavern
Lilo and Stitch Breakfast
Tony's
Whispering canyon
Storybook Breakfast Epcot
Hoop De doo (looking forward to this one)
Brown Derby
50's diner (maybe? maybe not)
chef Mickey's
Coral reef
Le Cellier

We didn't attend the Princess Tea party last time so we are definitely going to it this time around, MNSSHP, Campfire sing along, the water parade from the Beach at Poly and who knows what else I can pack into 11 days, lol. but that's just what has crossed my planning path the past few days...
Not sure if I/we'll do any activities at FW or not, I don't believe that they have any activities that are actually geared to small kids like GenevaClaire so we'll just have to wait and see

Your plans sound great, Veronica..I am tottttally jealous you have 11 days..I'm worried about what we're going to get done in 3!! (Disney days, anyway.) The tea party sounds fun, as does Hoop Dee Doo, I just didn't think we could fit HDDR in with everything else going on.

let's see, the past week has been a bit crazy. School finally was in session a whole week, long enough for GenevaClaire to be exposed to some icky respiratory germs and she's sick, sick, sick. It appears to be pneumonia again, but I can't confirm it until they culture her blood sample again today---which will make it the second time in 2 months and the third time in a year. ugh. With her lung damage and the compromised immune system she's a walking, talking target for it. Her fever keeps spiking from 100 to 103, but tylenol is working, so that's good.
We postponed movie night this weekend because she was in the begining stages of this garbage, so I had planned on having movie night tonight, but now I'm not so sure. We'll just have to wait and see if we can have snow white movie night

Yuck!! I'm sorry GenevaClaire isn't feeling well. :hug: I'm glad the tylenol is working for her fever though. Is she on any antibiotic all the time? Piper takes Bactrim 2x daily, and I think that helps somewhat. We have an appt today also, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for both girls!

Your plans sound great, Veronica..I am tottttally jealous you have 11 days..I'm worried about what we're going to get done in 3!! (Disney days, anyway.) The tea party sounds fun, as does Hoop Dee Doo, I just didn't think we could fit HDDR in with everything else going on.

Yuck!! I'm sorry GenevaClaire isn't feeling well. :hug: I'm glad the tylenol is working for her fever though. Is she on any antibiotic all the time? Piper takes Bactrim 2x daily, and I think that helps somewhat. We have an appt today also, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for both girls!

You guys will have a fantastic time! I know you'll get it all done in the three days:) We took GenevaClaire to the Dr yesterday, along with xrays, and she has double pneumonia:sad2: she's a sick, sick little girl. Her fever is ok until the meds wear off then it's through the roof. They started her on another round of antibiotics and gave her a shot of it yesterday to get it in her system. This makes the 3rd time in a year that she's had pneumonia, remember she had the last bout with it at the end of November, right before we left for Disney World. Her sats were horrible, it was hovering at 90 and they were ready to send us to the hospital but after a few neb treatments they got her back up to 95. So we're doing 2 neb treatments and 4 to 6 inhaler treatments along with the meds.

I'm home with a sick and restless little girl, this round of pneumonia is kicking her booty, she's not so quick to bounce back, which with the meds I would have thought she would have sounded alot better, but not yet, so I'm praying that her lung function starts to improve or she's going to be in a heap of trouble--she's been "crafting and computing" all morning, very low key stuff. I've been dis'ing and crafting so we're trying to keep both of ourselves occupied. Today is GenevaClaire's 5th birthday and it's always a happy and sad day for me. I have a whole lot of emotion in that day and it's hard to relive it, but it's bittersweet because I know that without the pain of the begining of her life and the struggles she has faced in her first 5 years we would not have our little sassy girl today to love.
She is my miracle and I have no idea where our lives would have been without her, I can't even imagine it to tell the truth. So a Happy Happy Birthday to GenevaClaire!

Jumped over here from DisneyCat_f2009's PTR. So sorry to hear GenevaClaire is sick. Hope she is feeling bettpixiedust:pixiedust:er today. Sending you pixiedust:

I love you Disney movie ideas. My kids are A LOT older but luckily we all still love to watch Disney movies. I'll have to plan a movie night and plan a menu to match it.

Jumped over here from DisneyCat_f2009's PTR. So sorry to hear GenevaClaire is sick. Hope she is feeling bettpixiedust:pixiedust:er today. Sending you pixiedust:

I love you Disney movie ideas. My kids are A LOT older but luckily we all still love to watch Disney movies. I'll have to plan a movie night and plan a menu to match it.

Welcome and thanks for the well wishes for GenevaClaire! The movie night has been on hold since GC has been sick, but we've done our share of watching them, lol. She's still sick--not sure if the antibotic is working this time-her fever continued to spike to 102 and 103 this weekend--so I'm waiting on a call back from the pulmonologist to see what he wants to do next.....

Well GenevaClaire is still sick :( her fever spiked all weekend and that was with strong antibiotics..so I'm waiting on her pulmonologist office to call back and let me know what's next...
trip updates

we're now staying 14 nights and flying out on the 15th day:banana:--it's not that much more and we will actually get to enjoy the water parks and Hoop De Doo and all the other activities that I was trying to cram in to 11 days, so we now have an extra 3 days to enjoy--so that's the first change:banana:secondly, we got a PIN for the dates that we will be there and I've been crunching numbers since we got it for the 35 and 40% off moderates/deluxe. GenevaClaire has two choices, Caribean Beach Resort or Wilderness lodge. I'd love to stay at Wilderness lodge, really I would. But I can't justify spending that much extra money--it would be awesome but I'd rather stay at Wilderness lodge on our next trip for Christmas for the decorations. CBR, well I'm just not sure about it, I read all the FAQ's about it and I'm still not sold on it--so I'm in a limbo about upgrading.

If we continue to stay at POP then we will have a tremendous savings and that just means more fun stuff and goodies that we can participate/purchase...

Plus I heard from the Pixies--when we originally planned our first trip it was for Jan 09 and I had contacted the Pixies to plan some special events for GenevaClaire--so I just got the events planning from them and they will hold the events on file till our trip next Fallprincess:--GenevaClaire is going to FLIP when she sees the two events that they have planned for her--It's going to be something that she talks about for the next century, lol.

We've had movie nights on hold since GenevaClaire got sick, but hoping that this weekend we can have one :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter