Tree House Villas

pmurphy713

<font color=purple>Will miss the Gourmet Pantry...
I am looking for advice on what you think is the best area to stay in the Treehouses at SSR. We will have a car, but also don't mind walking, riding the bus, etc. I'm looking for something close to a bus stop, but also possibly close to the water (if that's possible). Where have you stayed in the past and would you do it again?

We've stayed there once and had a unit close to the boat dock, pool and pretty close to the south bus stop. I'd definitely stay in that area again. If I wanted to use the pool, walk over to SSR and also use the bus transport I'd request close to the south bus stop or boat dock.

We stayed there twice, once directly across from the pool. This was close to the bus stop and the walking path to SSR to get on the bus. The other time we were right at the path to the walkway to SSr. Very convenient. No issues with noise or anything else at either place.

We stayed there this past November. We could see the pool from our patio. The bus stop was close, we never used it because we had a car. It was a 15 min walk from my tree house to the main resort. We were right across from the boat to downtown. I would say we had a really good location. Our tree hpise number was 7056

Thank you all for your replies. We are 30 days out and can't wait!! I'm going to fax in my request for the area tomorrow. Anybody know the fax number I need to send it to????

DVC resorts do not accept faxes. You should make your requests through Member Services if you are a DVC member or through whomever you made your reservation with if not. Hope you enjoy the Treehouses Villas.

Thanks, BobNed. We are DVC members, so I'll put in a call to them!!

My best advice for the THV's is to get something in the south loop, somewhere close to the path to the Grandstand area. I would prefer a golf course side rather than the water side due to the boat whistles. They are loud and regular.

Being in the south end makes you closer to the pool (you'll probably have it to yourself most times you swim), not far from the boat dock, but most importantly closer to the Grandstand area. If you take the buses to the parks, don't do the internal THV shuttle, then transfer to the regular bus, instead just cut across the golf course to the Grandstand area and pick up the bus there. They are the first pickup stop so you should always get a seat. I would make sure that you do the walk first during daytime hours. While the path is lit, it's dark at night and not obvious where you want to go.

Good luck. We love the THV's.

Awesome advice Juncker. We are from south Alabama, so we have a pool and don't usually use the one at the resort. However, the advice about the bus stop is wonderful. We have a car, but will be riding the bus some, too. I hate having to wait for another bus to get a seat.

Excited about our first stay at THV!

Thanks, BobNed. We are DVC members, so I'll put in a call to them!!
Just add your request to your reservation with MS. When you call the resort, you just get the call center in Tampa or Kansas or who knows where.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter