travlodge disney drive vs remada maingate north

JadeDarkstar

Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom
so after reading a lot of reviews travel lodge breakfast looks more then a little blah, but Ramada main gate looks to have hot Breakfast, sausage eggs? all these things.

Its the same price so im not sure what to do any advice?

One thing is main gate looks better then that convintion center ive seen so many bad reviews for

Jade -

Are you talking about the Ramada Inn Maingate, or the Ramada Limited Main Gate North? They are VERY different...and I have actually stayed at both. Ramada Inn Maingate I would stay at again and recommend. Ramada Limited Main Gate North I wouldn't recommend for a family vacation (I just needed a cheap place to crash when I stayed there).

edit main gate North, Not Main gate at the park (found it actuely cheaper, even with a cot added to the room

Question how bad are the cots? I have never needed one but i think my 9 year old could very well sleep on it (maybe we just bring blankets and pillows from home to make it more comfy? (i could save another 130)

edit main gate North, Not Main gate at the park (found it actuely cheaper, even with a cot added to the room

Question how bad are the cots? I have never needed one but i think my 9 year old could very well sleep on it (maybe we just bring blankets and pillows from home to make it more comfy? (i could save another 130)

Okay, in that case, see my post above that I do NOT recommend the Main Gate North property. It was very dark and dirty and is not a walkable distance from the parks. The guest pictures (not the professional pictures) on tripadvisor are accurate: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...mited_Main_Gate_North-Anaheim_California.html

ok see i know this will sound bad but ive lived in filth our trailer was horbule and yes it looks a little dirty (but the breakfast may just help us out enough, the art is there and we have art tickets.

Id think about brining extra towls to cover chairs, but idk, some reviews look bad but then some the newer ones seem to say its ok if you just need a place to sleep after a day at the park and cheap, with a good Breakfast.

I will defiantly go over this with my hubby and show him the photos tho. TY any one else have same opinions or different

Jade, we stayed here. We won't stay there again. It didn't feel safe at all, the door had a gap about 1/2 inch thick all the way around it, it was dirty, not super dirty, like get your socks filthy dirty but it was not clean. Not walkable at all, but that didn't matter because we had Premium APs and just drove and parked, we have no experience with ART. We had a room way in the back and many times we heard fighting and yes, it was even possible we heard a gunshot, it was more likely a car backfiring but we decided then that we wouldn't go back. Other people we assume were guests would walk up and down the outdoor corridor repeatedly (at night) but they would stop at our room and we could hear them wondering if our door was open......I made DBF sleep closest to the door just in case.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter