Travelling to DLP by Train

Hi

we are now thinking of taking the eurostar to DLRP with our airmiles in dec ( i might get this trip booked some time soon :rotfl: )

we would travel up from wales on the fri night, and stay over,before getting the direct train on the saturday,to arrive in DLRP around midday

i have seen the links to travelodge and holiday inn near ashford,are there any places to stay close by to St Pancras ? or it is just easier to go from ashford ?!

also what about parking ? we would be leaving the car from sat morn til 9.30pm sunday ?

never been on eurostar before but thinking it would be so much easier as travel direct to DLRP,no hassle with transfers,and we also then get a whole day in the parks on the sunday :goodvibes

Hi

we are now thinking of taking the eurostar to DLRP with our airmiles in dec ( i might get this trip booked some time soon :rotfl: )

we would travel up from wales on the fri night, and stay over,before getting the direct train on the saturday,to arrive in DLRP around midday

i have seen the links to travelodge and holiday inn near ashford,are there any places to stay close by to St Pancras ?

also what about parking ? we would be leaving the car from sat morn til 9.30pm sunday ?

never been on eurostar before but thinking it would be so much easier as travel direct to DLRP,no hassle with transfers,and we also then get a whole day in the parks on the sunday :goodvibes

Hi I'm staying at the Premierlodge Euston (there is also one at St Pancras but it was £50 more expensive), Euston is only a few minutes walk and they both get really good reviews on Tripadvisor- a lot better than the Travelodges.

I've stayed at the Kings Cross Travelodge - its really noisy as your right over the railway line for Kings Cross, we coldnt get to sleep!!

Not sure about car parking as we get the train down?

we have priced the train from here and back , its stupid prices & times !as its travelling back quite late on a sunday

so driving is going to be our best option, i think :confused3

anyone stayed @ the travelodge Ashford and driven / left their car ?

Hi

i have seen the links to travelodge and holiday inn near ashford,are there any places to stay close by to St Pancras ? or it is just easier to go from ashford ?!

Have got the Euston Travelodge booked in three weeks which is only costing £19 for the night :banana:

out of curiosity, are all these prices up to date?!

does anybody also know of any good hotels quite close to Gard du Nord? preferably not too expensive!! :)

out of curiosity, are all these prices up to date?!

Thank you misskayleigh! I've just been through most of the links and updated prices where possible - particularly on the RER section. I don't always update these threads regularly, so timely reminders like this are always appreciated! As are any up-to-date links or information that anyone can give me. :thumbsup2

I'm looking at getting the TGV to CDG for our return (the times on the way to DLP are no good for our flights) and I'm just wondering if theres any advantage in buying my tickets online? Will the price increase etc, will the people at the station understand my franglish? haha

the main advantage to buying your tickets in advance is you have them delivered to your home before you travel, so you don't need to queue at the ticket booths at CDG to get them.

I'm looking at getting the TGV to CDG for our return (the times on the way to DLP are no good for our flights) and I'm just wondering if theres any advantage in buying my tickets online? Will the price increase etc, will the people at the station understand my franglish? haha

The Sncf prices shouldn't go up again so soon (they went up in Feb) and the Ratp (metro,bus,RER) go up on the 1st of July every year but not by really huge amounts.

The tickets machines in the stations are multi lingual and the ticket staff will speak English as they are dealing with mainly tourists at Marne La Vallée ;)

Thank you both :) Silly old me has gone and exchanged all my "excess" money into euros already so thats the main reason for me buying them there lol. But I do like the idea of already having my tickets before I go, any idea how long the delivery would take? We leave 2 weeks today!

I buy mine from Rail Europe, and they are brilliantly fast - ie next working day usually :goodvibes.

A little tip when choosing your own seats, if you go for coach one, the last 4 table seats shown at the end of the carriage aren't proper tables. They are half size so only for the 2 window seats and the seats are the fold up type so very uncomfortable as they slanted downwards feeling like you would slide off them. This coach was also very shaky and peoples drinks, books etc were sliding off the tables and going across the floor.

You can travel with your luggage very carefully .Make sure you hold on to your purse very well, carry your backpack on your front instead of your back, and watch your suitcases at all times.

As this thread isn't terribly up to date ...
Anyone tell me the easiest and also the most reasonable way to get to DLP from CDG?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone, we have some friends planning a visit and they have asked us for advice on booking the Eurostar but we always fly so im hoping someone will be able to tell me when is the cheapest time would be for them to book the Eurostar for a trip to DLP in October?, when are the cheap seats released? thanks x

Last edited:
I'm not a frequent traveler on Eurostar but my advice would be to book as soon as the reservation window opens. I would ask Eurostar on Twitter for the specific date for their trip, since there are many exceptions to the general rule.

I believe they also have a deal fare where you only select the date at which you want to travel, and you get to know the time of your train a few days before your journey, although I have never used that fare.

Keep in mind there are no direct trains anymore from London to Disneyland Paris, you need to change at Lille-Europe station and travel further with a connecting TGV.
Normally the base rates or cheapest seats are availble day on 4 months before travel date. Example: to travel October 1st tickets are released on June 1st. (Single fare cheapest seat would be around 50€)
If more info needed feel free to contact me anytime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter