traveling with medicine

tcufrog

DIS Veteran
I'm leaving on Sunday to go to Morocco and I need to take a prescription cream and my allergy drops with me. Both of them have to stay at room temperature which the cream defines as 65-85F. We'll be driving between three places and stopping to visit sites and eat lunch, so our stuff will be in a hot car for long periods of time. Does anyone have ideas regarding how to protect these medicines during those times?

I'm leaving on Sunday to go to Morocco and I need to take a prescription cream and my allergy drops with me. Both of them have to stay at room temperature which the cream defines as 65-85F. We'll be driving between three places and stopping to visit sites and eat lunch, so our stuff will be in a hot car for long periods of time. Does anyone have ideas regarding how to protect these medicines during those times?
Small cooler with an ice pack?

They have small cooler packs with ice packs you put in the freezer overnight that are designed for keeping insulin cold, one of these should work just fine for you. Many available in various sizes on Amazon.

Maybe a bunch of those cold compress things for injuries where you pop the packet in the middle and it gets really cold for a while might help in the hottest part of the day. Keep it in a little lunch bag type insulated bag with ice if you can get ice, wrap each in a ziplock and swap with the compress thing when it melts. I've had medicines that ship with a little tab that changes color when it hits a certain temp but you might be out of time to find this to help keep track, unless maybe you can call around to find a pharmacy that carries them.

Another thought, medicines are more stable unopened than opened so maybe ask your Dr for a second fill due to 'travel' this way you have a backup if you are midway through your trip and realize something got baked, it shouldn't take too much convincing considering where you are going.

Have fun!

Unfortunately, I won't have access to a freezer in Morocco. I will look for those cold compresses though. I can't get an extra of the allergy drops. They're very expensive specially formulated immunotherapy that replaces allergy shots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter