Traveling with baby

Happy vacationer

Mouseketeer
My husband and I took our children to WDW for the first time last year. We had talked about going back again this year for either the halloween or Christmas party. My children will be 10 & 11 - the twist is that we will be having a new baby in late July. Would it be possible to take the baby with us and just take turns riding the rides (baby swap etc) without causing to much havic. I fear that if we wait until next year the baby will be at an age that it would be too difficult because she/he would be tired of riding in a stroller and want to wander around. Anyone have any experience with taking a 3 or 5 month old with them? :rolleyes:

The first time we went with my DD she was 5mo. old. It was actually very easy. She slept a lot in her stroller. She was also very content to just ride in the stroller and look at everything around her. I would say go for it!

we took our 4 month old to disneyland it was a great trip.. you can't do the parks commando style like you do without a baby - the baby swap option is great but it does take extra time - just plan on some people watching and down time. disneyland has a great babycare center where you can go to diaper change, feed, nurse etc. any WDW experts know if they have one there? It's also fun to get some pictures of your tiniest one there. My DD loves the picture of minnie mouse holding her when she was just a few months old. Have a great trip

We took our daughter when she was just 2 mos. old and had a wonderful time. She enjoyed the warm sunshine and people watching and we got to do every ride we wanted to with babyswap. Even breastfeeding wasn't a problem. On our upcoming November trip we will have 3 girls, 5, 3 and 2 1/2 mos. and I'm anticipating that the baby will be the easiest to handle.

Enjoy!

We took our son when he was 5 months old. Like the other posters mentioned, he was very content in his stroller, and napped frequently. I remember the trip quite fondly, because it slowed me down enough to really just appreciate how pretty the parks are. I did miss out on some stuff because I sent the others ahead while he was sleeping or nursing, but as I've said before, hey! I was just happy to be out of the house. :) I would also add tht the babycare stations at WDW are great, I especially liked the one at MK.

We were very fortunate, we had very good babies. I always told people that I found that travelling with a baby was a piece of cake. Yes you have the "paraphenalia," but babies could also sleep anywhere, eat anywhere, and go to the bathroom anywhere! :D I think that once a baby is mobile, THEN they become harder to travel with.
I say go and enjoy ALL of your children! You will have a wonderful time! :)

<font face="papyrus"><font size=2><font color=blue>BethR
Budget Board and
Disney for Families BoardCo-Host
BethR@wdwinfo.com</font>
anipooh.gif

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to respond to my question. I believe we will go for it - my 2 older children really want to go and I know if we don't do it this year it will only be harder next year. Thanks again for the advice.

I agree with all the other posters, but have one thing to add. With fastpass, you can keep the baby swap thing to a reasonable wait AND the older kids can go on the really cool rides TWICE without the wait! :D

Have a great time!

I'm so glad you posted your question Happy....I had my WDW vacation planned and found out after everything was booked that I was pregnant. I will be going end of October with a 2.5 month old. I've seen many posts of people saying this year will be much easier than next. Hope you have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter