• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Traveling with 2 17yr old boys

Dhew79

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any suggestions on excursions for 17 yr old boys? We will be going to Cozumel and Castaway Cay? I have found a few but wasn't sure if anyone had specific thoughts of ones not to do or to do. :thumbsup2

Does anyone have any suggestions on excursions for 17 yr old boys? We will be going to Cozumel and Castaway Cay? I have found a few but wasn't sure if anyone had specific thoughts of ones not to do or to do. :thumbsup2

Assume they are not turning 18 while aboard - else they'll be considered adults and not eligible...

On CC, there's a couple of teen only excursions. They do snorkeling, bicycles and walking. Only for teens (vibe ages) and counselors.

There might be something similar in Cozumel, but not sure...

The Secret River in Cozumel is a great excursion. Search for threads on secret river cozumel or rio secreto cozumel. Hard to imagine any teen boy not liking it.

PP who suggested a teens only excursion on Castaway Cay is on to something. They might enjoy jet skiing or parasailing with new found friends.

I went with a 16 year old. On Cozumel he chose to stay on the ship so I am no help there. On Castaway Cay you do not have to worry about them. If they are like most of the older teens they will hit the Teens Only Area on CC and spend the day doing activities with the other teens. That allows you time to go to the Adults Only beach and relax.

my grandson 16 and grandaughter did the fishing excursion on our first cruise at cc, they really enjoyed it!:cool1:

I don't know if Cozumel is one of the places that has them, but a few ports has speed boats that are like amusement park rides, going fast and spraying the surroundings, coming to a complete stop suddenly, etc. I've heard they are great fun.

My kids did the teen adventure on CC and said it was okay but I don't think they'd do it again. We liked the package where you feed the stingrays, snorkel, bike, and have a float for the day.

Nancy

We booked the xrails to Jade Caverns directly thru the tour operator, not thru the cruise line, because of the age restrictions for the drivers. We had 3 adults + 4 teens ages 14, 15, 16, & 17. The xrails seat 2 people. The cruise line requires licensed drivers to be 18 or older. The tour company requires licensed drivers to be 16 or older. Thru the cruise line we wouldn't have had enough drivers to drive the 4 teens around. Thru the tour company we had more than enough and 2 of our kids who are licensed could drive. As it turns out, only my 17 yro son drove. His 16 yro girl cousin did not. I'm pretty strong for a girl and often found myself straining to get the Xrail to turn. It's definitely a physical activity. My boys, 15 & 17 yro's, as well as my husband looooved the excursion. I liked it. Glad I did it. It was fun. Next time I think I'll stick to something that doesn't get mud & silt into places I didn't know existed. Warning: wear clothes & shoes you don't mind throwing away. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter