Travel Stroller?

Omoreno

Earning My Ears
I will be traveling with my infant twice in the upcoming year. He will be 9 months on the first trip and 11 months on the second trip.

We are DVC and will be staying at SSR and AKL, so we will need to fold our stroller down on the bus.

We have the UppaBaby Vista V2 stroller and love how easy it is to push, but it’s a bit of a monster and might not be convenient for buses, but every time we have gone before we see many in the park.

For those with a stroller similar to ours, do you prefer to bring this stroller or have you purchased a travel stroller for trips? We were looking at the UppaBaby Minu.

I will be traveling with my infant twice in the upcoming year. He will be 9 months on the first trip and 11 months on the second trip.

We are DVC and will be staying at SSR and AKL, so we will need to fold our stroller down on the bus.

We have the UppaBaby Vista V2 stroller and love how easy it is to push, but it’s a bit of a monster and might not be convenient for buses, but every time we have gone before we see many in the park.

For those with a stroller similar to ours, do you prefer to bring this stroller or have you purchased a travel stroller for trips? We were looking at the UppaBaby Minu.
We have an Uppa Baby. We never wanted to travel with it. Seemed like too much of a pain to gate check two different pieces. We didnt want the extra wear and tear of checking it and we wanted to use it in the airport if necessary. We got a ZOE stroller for travel. Folds into its own back pack (which fits in overhead bin) and is super light. Also has a huge canopy for sun coverage and reclines almost 180 degrees. Used it from when our first was 5 mos. We love it! We even got a second when we had another baby.

My son is 2.5 now but we also have and love the uppababy vista. I’m not bringing it mainly because I don’t want it to get damaged on the plane and don’t want to deal with it at the airport. If I was driving, I would consider it. I think it’s a pretty clunky fold though and hard to maneuver. We used to live in NYC and I saw a lot of people using it there too but it always looked very stressful folding up and carrying up stairs and stuff for the subway.

I don’t know if you’ve tested the minu, but I wasn’t impressed with how it handled just at the Buy Buy Baby store, never mind on rougher terrain. We have a Colugo travel stroller that we have loved the last couple of years but our son is very tall and it’s already getting cramped for him, so I plan to rent a citi mini GT for the parks. About $90 for our five day trip and I found a car service that will pick us up at the airport with it.

We have the Vista and purchased the Minu for travel purposes and we love it! So much easier to fold up and transport everywhere!

We live in NYC and need our Vista for day to day activities, but anytime we take the bus or the subway we use our Babyzen Yoyo, which we also used in Disney. I highly recommend it. It is a super compact travel stroller that folds down to the size of a small carryon and can be fit into overhead storage on a plane. Weighs like 13 lbs and is easy enough to fold down and open up. It was also fantastic maneuvering around crowds in the parks, and we could squeeze it onto monorails already occupied by a full-size stroller or two (we were staying at VGF).

That said, there are a lot of great travel strollers and you should do your research to determine the best features for you. For instance, the yoyo doesn't have a parent-facing option for the 6+ month seat, which I'm finding a tad unnerving as we approach that point, but maybe by the time my son hits 9 months I'll feel better about it!

The one thing to note with these compact travel strollers is that the under storage is significantly smaller than the Vista, so make sure to familiarize yourself with that before your trip or you will be severely disappointed.

We bought a Colugo for our Disney trip and it's AMAZING. We also have a Cybex Libelle but decided against bringing that one because we liked the sturdiness and storage in the Colugo.

We bring our vista. The travel strollers aren’t as easy to push or comfortable for naps.

Citi mini 1000%. There is a reason that it’s the stroller that most companies rent.

FWIW it may be worth just buying one instead of renting multiple times, especially if you plan to travel more than just these two trips. We were able to use it until my kids were in elementary school.

Strollers are cumbersome to get on and off buses. I would say weigh the inconvenience factor against the ability to have the stroller carry all your stuff? If you have another adult or adults to help you hold the stuff and kid while getting on and off, I would say yes it’s worth it. You can bring a collapsible cooler and save on lunch / snacks / water.

We rented a double stroller from a reputable company down there and had it in our room when we got there to avoid that monster taking up our cargo space in the car. That was really nice.

Babyzen yoyo. We bought one for our trip to Disney last year with our three year old and for a trip to England with easy too much airport walking. Very durable, totally worth the price, and it fits in the overhead bin of the plane. It turns on a dime and a super easy to maneuver with only one hand. Honestly, we originally started off with the upper baby cruz when our little was born and used an umbrella stroller for travel for a little while and after using the babies and yo-yo I wish I had known about it sooner. It would have been my one and only stroller. I think you can even have an attachment for the infant seat. It was absolutely amazing at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter