travel size contact lens solution good for 9 days?

I usually need a little more, but I take mine out and give my eyes a rest sometimes during the day, using fresh solution every time. For our last cruise I packed a travel size solution in my carry on (in my liquids plastic bag) and a regular sized bottle in the suitcase.

It depends on what kind you use and how you use it. I use Clear Care and have to use a special cup. A travel size bottle would only last me about a week. DH uses ReNu or BioTrue and would definitely be able to get 9 days out of a travel size. He rubs, rinses and stores with his solution.

If you have time, you could buy a bottle now and see how long it will last you.

I usually need 2 bottles. I take my contacts out and clean them off after being at the beach and put them back in for dinner, so that takes a lot of solution.

It depends on what kind you use and how you use it. I use Clear Care and have to use a special cup. A travel size bottle would only last me about a week. DH uses ReNu or BioTrue and would definitely be able to get 9 days out of a travel size. He rubs, rinses and stores with his solution.

If you have time, you could buy a bottle now and see how long it will last you.

Wow! I use Clear Care as well, but never find anyone else around here that does.

I usually need 2 bottles. I take my contacts out and clean them off after being at the beach and put them back in for dinner, so that takes a lot of solution.

This is what I do. I know it's more expensive, but I take multiple travel sized ones when I am traveling for longer than a week so that I can just throw them away as I use one up. (and make more room for souvenirs) This is our approach to most toiletries and sometimes clothes. For example, I take just enough toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc, and then thrown them all away when we are repacking. For clothes sometimes, we take old socks, nightgowns, etc that are on their last leg and throw those away at the end as well.

I use the Opti free, and a travel size container lasts me about 2 weeks. But I only take them out once a day usually.
I almost always bring two bottles, just in case. I'd rather have it and not need it than wish I had!

I use the Opti free, and a travel size container lasts me about 2 weeks. But I only take them out once a day usually.
I almost always bring two bottles, just in case. I'd rather have it and not need it than wish I had!

same here. I use opti-fresh too. I always have an extra travel sized one in my checked luggage. I have been caught out before trying to buy contact lens solution and not being able to find it anywhere!

I use Clear Care as well, BUT I have focus night and day lenses, which can be worn continuously for 30 days (yikes!) On vacation, I take them out every other day, so the travel size is more than enough.

My personal experience is that one travel size is not enough if you take your contacts out to clean them more than once a day. The salt air does tend to make contacts itchy on the eyes a lot faster than if you were inland and that plays a part in it. (at least for my eyeballs!) :sad:

I wears contacts every day and my eyes got really irritated with the salt water and sunscreen running into my eyes. I had to do some extra rubbing/rinsing during the cruise, so a travel size bottle would have never worked. I would take the regular size one just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter