Travel- PCR COVID tests near Disneyland

And any places close by that do a PCR, not a rapid test, and will actually take insurance? Thanks!

And any places close by that do a PCR, not a rapid test, and will actually take insurance? Thanks!
These Walgreens can do a PCR.
  • 12001 EUCLID ST
    Garden Grove, CA 92840
    covid_availability_icons_some.png
    Some appointments available

2946 S BROOKHURST STAnaheim, CA 92804
    covid_availability_icons_many.png
    Many appointments available

3128 S STATE COLLEGE BLVDAnaheim, CA 92806
    covid_availability_icons_many.png
    Many appointments available

I did find that CVS requires you to be “in a vehicle” for a PCR, whereas you can walk in on foot and stand in a parking place for their rapid tests. This is strange and frustrating as there is a CVS within sort of walking distance of The parks. I doubt an Uber would be interested in picking anyone up to go sit in the drive through COVID PCR testing line??? So then you would have to rent a car and pay for parking potentially….

I'm just curious why you need this.
Many places require a negative test within 72 hours of flight or proof of vaccine. Biggest one would be Hawaii. Most of Europe requires proof of vaccine to enter, and isn't accepting negative tests. And when you return to the US, you have to have a negative test, or proof of vaccines.

Many places require a negative test within 72 hours of flight or proof of vaccine. Biggest one would be Hawaii. Most of Europe requires proof of vaccine to enter, and isn't accepting negative tests. And when you return to the US, you have to have a negative test, or proof of vaccines.
We will hopefully be coming from Canada late August and it sounds like even with being fully vaccinated we will still need a negative covid test 72 hours before returning home for our flight into Canada.

Just FYI, the Hawaii test requirement should be ending on the 15th for vaccinated residents, (because vaccine lot info for residents are in a state database) visitors they are projecting to end around the 4th of July. https://beatofhawaii.com/ultimate-guide-to-hawaii-travel-during-covid/ My family on Maui is extremely excited for this.

We will hopefully be coming from Canada late August and it sounds like even with being fully vaccinated we will still need a negative covid test 72 hours before returning home for our flight into Canada.
We are looking at coming in November from BC and will need to get a test within the 72 hours before our flight home as well. Please keep my posted on what you find..

We are looking at coming in November from BC and will need to get a test within the 72 hours before our flight home as well. Please keep my posted on what you find..
Please double check your info. My brother was flying to Germany and we thought it was 72 hours before the flight, but it was 72 hours before the flight was to land in Germany........

Please double check your info. My brother was flying to Germany and we thought it was 72 hours before the flight, but it was 72 hours before the flight was to land in Germany........
oh thank you!! I will definitely read up... The testing part is really difficult. I understand it all is important but what a nightmare that must have been from your brother.

oh thank you!! I will definitely read up... The testing part is really difficult. I understand it all is important but what a nightmare that must have been from your brother.
I did a quick search because we're heading down (hopefully) at the end of August. This is what I found on the travel.gc.ca website. Seems like it's 72 hours before departure? The testing is the most stressful part of planning, other than WestJet cancelling my flights now twice! :mad: It sure would be nice if fully vaccinated din't have to worry about the pre-departure test. The arrival test is way less stressful!

Getting tested to enter Canada
Pre-entry test requirements
All travellers 5 years of age or older, regardless of citizenship, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result. You don't require a test to fly within Canada.

There are no exemptions to pre-entry testing for fully vaccinated travellers.

If you're driving to land border crossing, you must take a test in the United States within 72 hours of your planned entry into Canada.

If you're flying to Canada, you must take a test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada. Airlines will refuse boarding to travellers who are unable to provide a valid molecular test result.

• If you have a connecting flight:
    • the test must be conducted within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your last direct flight to Canada
    • you may need to schedule the test in your transit city

Did your brother get it figured out? How awful for him!

I did a quick search because we're heading down (hopefully) at the end of August. This is what I found on the travel.gc.ca website. Seems like it's 72 hours before departure? The testing is the most stressful part of planning, other than WestJet cancelling my flights now twice! :mad: It sure would be nice if fully vaccinated din't have to worry about the pre-departure test. The arrival test is way less stressful!

Getting tested to enter Canada
Pre-entry test requirements
All travellers 5 years of age or older, regardless of citizenship, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result. You don't require a test to fly within Canada.

There are no exemptions to pre-entry testing for fully vaccinated travellers.

If you're driving to land border crossing, you must take a test in the United States within 72 hours of your planned entry into Canada.

If you're flying to Canada, you must take a test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada. Airlines will refuse boarding to travellers who are unable to provide a valid molecular test result.

• If you have a connecting flight:
    • the test must be conducted within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your last direct flight to Canada
    • you may need to schedule the test in your transit city
There is a site called covidclinic.org and a testing location a few minutes drive from Disneyland that accepts walk ups and appointments. This is what we are considering since we are do not have a rental car and are required to have a negative PCR test within 72 hours of departure. If anyone finds another way to do the PCR testing with 24-48 results and not in a car (drive through), please post away! Thank you.

There is a site called covidclinic.org and a testing location a few minutes drive from Disneyland that accepts walk ups and appointments. This is what we are considering since we are do not have a rental car and are required to have a negative PCR test within 72 hours of departure. If anyone finds another way to do the PCR testing with 24-48 results and not in a car (drive through), please post away! Thank you.
We just went and got home Sept 4th. We were tested at Anaheim City Hall using the covid clinic. It was a quick Uber and test results came back quickly. It was a walk up testing site which is what we needed. I’d use them again. Just make sure you read your results report carefully. Ours had the wrong testing time, which would have put us outside of the 72 hours. I contacted them and it was fixed without issue.

We just went and got home Sept 4th. We were tested at Anaheim City Hall using the covid clinic. It was a quick Uber and test results came back quickly. It was a walk up testing site which is what we needed. I’d use them again. Just make sure you read your results report carefully. Ours had the wrong testing time, which would have put us outside of the 72 hours. I contacted them and it was fixed without issue.
Thanks 22Tink! Did you need to book each individual person with the same or different testing time? We are 4 adults and 2 children travelling together and would prefer to have the same testing time if they allow it. We were considering Uber too! We are going October 10-16 (flight. home) so plan to get tested on the 13th. I'm surprised that there isn't a testing site at Downtown Disney, as the Florida and Paris parks seem to have something nearby/ onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter