Travel Insurance ??

Willow25

DIS Veteran
Would travel insurance cover a pram getting damages if it is gate checked?? Anyone have any experience with this?

I don't know who you are flying with, but I know with Qantas that if any part of your pram is damaged you can report to Baggage Services on your arrival and they will take your details and get the pram repaired/replaced (depending on the damage!) Travel insurance will also be of assistance, but they have an excess, of course.
Hopefully nothing will happen to your pram - just remember to fold it up securely and tape or strap it together. Better still if you have some sort of sleeve/cover to go over it.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. We are traveling Qantas but also a few flights domestically in the states and I know the airlines there consider prams as fragile and therefore will not repair/replace due to damage. That is why I was wondering about travel insurance.

We travelled a number of times with our stroller and was able to get a giant bag from fragile check in they would allow me to use the bas and then tape it up to protect it on the flight. It didnt get damaged so I never had to look into insurance coverage for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter