Travel Insurance Recommendation?

ITALIANNYC

DIS Veteran
Can anyone recommend a good travel insurance website?

I have never went during the high summer season, and I am considering getting it in the hopefully unlikely event that there is a hurricane in Orlando during the time I would go.

I hope for the best going early Aug, but gotta prepare also =] ( if the price is right ) lol

Thanks, and I hope this is the right place to post this cause I have no idea where

I used insuremytrip.com for our upcoming trips (cruises, not Disney). I can't say whether the insurance I picked is good or not--only someone who has made claims knows that. It was a useful site for comparison, though.

In the future, unless we have significant health problems, I think we will use our credit card insurance. We just changed to the Chase Sapphire Reserve, and it has pretty good coverage tied to it. I wish I'd known and switched sooner, as the savings would have been several hundred bucks. Worth looking at if you do travel reward points, etc.

Edit: Huh, wonder why that site is banned? Well, google insurance comparison sites. There are a few that let you compare different products easily.

There are plenty of credit cards that give you free insurance. I would check those out first.

Yeah my issue is I paid for hotel flight and tickets with different cards separate lol

Can't you cancel the hotel and get your money back? Or reschedule the dates without penalty? With the flights you can rebook and pay the change fees.

I use insure my trip. They provide a lot of differnt options at various prices. I usually pick a middle of the road policy.

While a lot of credit cards provide insurance, you really need to read the fine print on those. I used my purchased travel insurance for a flight delay of 6 hours. CC also provided insurance, but the delay had to be 12 hours before the paid anything out.

Can't you cancel the hotel and get your money back? Or reschedule the dates without penalty? With the flights you can rebook and pay the change fees.

I use insure my trip. They provide a lot of differnt options at various prices. I usually pick a middle of the road policy.

While a lot of credit cards provide insurance, you really need to read the fine print on those. I used my purchased travel insurance for a flight delay of 6 hours. CC also provided insurance, but the delay had to be 12 hours before the paid anything out.

This is a large part of why we're switching from Chase Sapphire Preferred to the Reserve, along with medical evacuation insurance.

This is a large part of why we're switching from Chase Sapphire Preferred to the Reserve, along with medical evacuation insurance.

It's really eye opening when you read the fine print on what's covered by your CC trip insurance. Our neighbor found out the hard way that they really don't cover all that much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter