Travel Insurance from your credit card?

aussietravellers

who LOVE disney holidays!
I have just noticed that my credit card gives me international travel insurance with my credit card if I pay for half of my trip using the card. Well I have paid for 100% of my trip so far with my credit card, but I always get seperate travel insurance.

I am just wondering if anybody has ever used the travel insurance that is provided with your credit card? or have you got it but then bought it from another specific international travel insurance firm? I'm intrigued if it is any good! and if anybody has actually used this as their sole travel insurance.

When we travel with hubby on business, he uses the corporate AMEX. They also offer travel insurance for the whole family as part of the "service" when we pay for a ticket via their card. I've compared it with Aussie Travel Cover; and it does pretty well.
It normally saves us about $100 - $150; as we only use it for the business portion of a trip. If we add on a vacation, I always then buy Travel insurance for this component. I'm just particular about separating business costs from holiday expenses.

Last year we got free travel insurance with our Amex which I was a bit dubioius about. Since when do you get something for free????? However we had no probs claiming medical expenses when hubby was stuck down with a severe flu.

I've never had to claim on it but use the insurance that comes with my credit card. I upgraded to a platinum card just for this reason. I've compared it to others out there and it seems to compare well.

I got a Gold Card specifically for that purpose too. All I had to do was pay for airfares on it and I was covered completely. Good coverage too, very competitive.

I also thought that the policy attached to our card compared well too. We've travelled with this policy several times. We've only needed to claim once, for lost jewellery. The claim was all very easy. The policy was underwritten by Zurich.

Gold card from NAB has pay 50% of your trip (airfare and accommodation) and get free insurance. I do this although on the gold debit card you have to pay 100% of your trip to get the insurance. I like paying by debit card cause they have no foreign exchange fee, unlike the credit card - so the bank giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other :lmao::sad2:
the nab policy looked fine although they had only $2000 rental car coverage which I thought was a bit low

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter