Travel from Poly to Riviera

Grumpy by Birth

Happy by choice
What's the best way to travel from Poly to the Riviera? Since Poly monorail stop is currently closed, I assume we have to go from TTC.

Walk to TTC and then take a bus to Riviera? Are there buses to other resorts outside the TTC? I'm not sure since the MK bus loop is adjacent to the park and not at TTC.

Or walk to TTC, take boat or monorail to MK and then take the Riviera bus from there?

We have a car and would drive, but currently can only park at Riviera with an ADR, which we won't have (going to eat at Primo Piatto and get pastries from Petit Cafe). I've seen some reports of being allowed to park at resorts with mobile order from QS, but I also saw where some have been turned away.

We could also drive and park at DHS and take the skyliner to CBR/Riviera (did this on the last trip). But would that be more complicated/take longer than a bus from MK/TTC?

Is there another, more direct option? What's the most efficient route? Thanks!

What's the best way to travel from Poly to the Riviera? Since Poly monorail stop is currently closed, I assume we have to go from TTC.

Walk to TTC and then take a bus to Riviera? Are there buses to other resorts outside the TTC? I'm not sure since the MK bus loop is adjacent to the park and not at TTC.

Or walk to TTC, take boat or monorail to MK and then take the Riviera bus from there?

We have a car and would drive, but currently can only park at Riviera with an ADR, which we won't have (going to eat at Primo Piatto and get pastries from Petit Cafe). I've seen some reports of being allowed to park at resorts with mobile order from QS, but I also saw where some have been turned away.

We could also drive and park at DHS and take the skyliner to CBR/Riviera (did this on the last trip). But would that be more complicated/take longer than a bus from MK/TTC?

Is there another, more direct option? What's the most efficient route? Thanks!

I’ll see if I can cover the various options.

First off, there aren’t resort buses at the TTC, since, as you noted, resort buses go to the station right by the park entrance.

So you’re on the right track with you’re thinking that getting to MK (either by walking, resort boat, or catching the Ferry or Monorail at the TTC) and then a bus to Riv is one option.

A second option would be to take the bus from Poly to DHS, then Skyliner to Riv. Or drive to DHS as you mentioned.

If you have park admission/reservation, you could also bus to Epcot, walk out the IG then Skyliner to Riv, but you’d only want to do this if you have time and park admission to use and want a long scenic route.

As you can see, Disney doesn’t make resort to resort transportation all that easy without multiple transfer points if using Disney transportation.

The most direct method would be taxi/ride share, if an option for you.

Hope that helps!

So you’re on the right track with you’re thinking that getting to MK (either by walking, resort boat, or catching the Ferry or Monorail at the TTC) and then a bus to Riv is one option.
Is there a resort boat from Poly to MK currently running? ETA: Nevermind. I just saw in another thread that it is running.
A second option would be to take the bus from Poly to DHS, then Skyliner to Riv.
I forgot about DHS bus from Poly vs. driving to DHS to catch the skyliner. Thanks.

I thought of a related question. I can't visualize precisely where MK security is located and if there's an option of walking around it to get from the monorail side to the bus side if not actually entering MK.

If we take the Poly boat, will we have to go through security before we can get over to the bus loop?

If we take the ferry or monorail to MK, we would already go through security at TTC before boarding, correct?

IIRC from our last trip, taking a bus to DHS would not require going through security before getting on the skyliner, since it's off to the side of the parking lot, correct?

Not concerned about going through security... just trying to minimize the extra hassle if possible.

You could also take the bus from Poly to MK, which is running right now since the monorail station is closed, and then hop on the bus to Riviera.

If we take the Poly boat, will we have to go through security before we can get over to the bus loop?

Correct, you go through security and a temp check when you exit the boat at MK.

If we take the ferry or monorail to MK, we would already go through security at TTC before boarding, correct?

Correct, temp check and security occurs before entering the TTC area.

IIRC from our last trip, taking a bus to DHS would not require going through security before getting on the skyliner, since it's off to the side of the parking lot, correct?

Correct - no temp check or security via this route .

Not sure if you’ve been since they have added the new walk through scanners, but they are fantastic. Gone are the days of long lines and guards going through every inch of your bag. Now you basically just walk right through in most circumstances. You do have to pull out umbrellas, heavy metal water bottles, or significant electronics/equipment (think blogger-style professional cameras, batteries, etc, not normal guest phones and cameras), but for most folks it’s a breeze.

Not sure if you’ve been since they have added the new walk through scanners, but they are fantastic. Gone are the days of long lines and guards going through every inch of your bag. Now you basically just walk right through in most circumstances. You do have to pull out umbrellas, heavy metal water bottles, or significant electronics/equipment (think blogger-style professional cameras, batteries, etc, not normal guest phones and cameras), but for most folks it’s a breeze.
We did experience the new scanners at one or more of the parks on our last trip. I just wasn't paying attention to whether or not they had those at MK.

I was looking at Google Earth to spur my memory about the location of MK security checkpoints and noticed something.

The bus loop and the ferry dock are outside the security "tent" and there appear to be two smaller, separate security points for the resort boats.

But the monorail station appears to be inside the security perimeter. Is that correct, or do you still have to go through a checkpoint after getting off the monorail at MK?

The reason I ask is because if you have already gone through security at TTC, but take the ferry instead of the monorail, do you have to go through a second security check? Does taking the monorail require only one security stop and avoid a second one? Or do you have to go through another checkpoint right oustide MK no matter how you arrive?

I was looking at Google Earth to spur my memory about the location of MK security checkpoints and noticed something.

The bus loop and the ferry dock are outside the security "tent" and there appear to be two smaller, separate security points for the resort boats.

But the monorail station appears to be inside the security perimeter. Is that correct, or do you still have to go through a checkpoint after getting off the monorail at MK?

The reason I ask is because if you have already gone through security at TTC, but take the ferry instead of the monorail, do you have to go through a second security check? Does taking the monorail require only one security stop and avoid a second one? Or do you have to go through another checkpoint right oustide MK no matter how you arrive?
The entire monorail system is inside the security perimeter. The checks are done when you board the monorail at the resort or TTC.

The entire monorail system is inside the security perimeter. The checks are done when you board the monorail at the resort or TTC.
So, refresh my memory... if taking the ferry you DON'T go through any security at TTC? Only once you get to the other side at MK?

With a mobile order, they will 99% let you in. I'd at least try and if you get turned away do the 6 minute drive to hs, park for free, and take the skyliner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter