Travel Agent thinks ESTA is resort transfer !

Travel Agents always have weird codes and abbreviations that show up on their records/systems. While it might well be whatever she says it is, ESTAs are also the system that is replacing the Visa Waiver Program.

You do need to fill out an online form and gain authorization from the American government before you will be permitted to enter the US. This MUST be completed before you travel. This system is now mandatory for anyone traveling to the US.

Even if the ESTA is filled in, immigration can still refuse you entry.

ESTA is a form required to be filled in on the internet befor travel to USA It is just the same as the green waiver form which you still have to fill out in the plane

When booking with first choice they offered to fill out and print off for us as we dont have a printer

Thanks for the quick reply, can I fill this out at the TA or do you need to do this at home ?

As long as you have the Internet, you can do it for yourself.

Go to the American Embassy website, hit the link for the ESTAs (top right hand corner), fill out the information - name, address, passport details, hit go, and it's done. So simple. There is no need to print anything out, but if you feel the need to, you can. Virgin now require you to have your ESTA completed before they will allow you to check-in online; I don't know how many other companies are doing this at the moment.

I mentioned this on another thread - but it really would be great if the Mods could do a sticky on on ESTA.

With so many dodgy sites around and a lot on confusion it would be great for UK planners to have an easy reference and Q&A thread.

After all - mess up this part of your planning and their is no trip! or a massive delay at the airport!

I just this minute finished filling mine in - here's the link https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta....8C07E36_k45651412-03B8-3E59-69FC-FD7A133E9903 watch out for the scam sites that will charge you!

It's the same info from the green waiver form - it said you don't need to print it out but I might do as I heard the green form is still in existence and it means I'll have all the info to hand... I was hoping they would get rid of that form as I always managed to get confused with the boxes and fill it in wrong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter