travel agency used my code and...

AmandaJayne

Mouseketeer
so i am planning on going first 2 weeks in dec. I had received the 40% off pin code..( didn't know it was such a 'privledge' to receive one, seems i get offers all the time via email thru disney)...and told my disney travel agency about it..it will save me $160.26. She told me that she tried all other ways and this was the most economical way, but if a better deal came along she could apply it to our ressie...right now only have a courtesey hold until feb 3...but does anyone think something better could come along, or should i just put down the $200 deposit and hope for the best?
thanks

the $200 deposit is transferable, so if something better comes along, you will not lose your deposit (or any funds, even if you pay in full)... they will just transfer them to your new reservation...

If you are saving only $160 , you must be staying at a value resort, right?

Go ahead and put your deposit on. If something better does come along, you can always cancel (before 45 days from trip) without penalty and book something else.

we are arriving 11-30-09 and leaving 12-11-09...when i price the trip thru wde website, it does come out to be more expensive. I believe the travel agent said I was getting 40% on both the room and dining..i think it was the second week the room was at rack rate..something like that...maybe i should call wdw directly with the 40% pin....?

The nights of 11/30-12/5 should be 40% off (which is way more than $160). Only the room is 40%, not the dining.

Something is wrong with the discount amount. It should be much more. (Closer to $350)

hmm..i'll have to call the agency next week. the email i had gotten only said 40% off "select value resorts"..so i thought i was still getting a deal, since we area staying at a moderate.
this was the latest email from the agency:

In pricing the options using this PIN code, you most economical option would be to use the code on one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter. This is much cheaper than the split stay and the 2nd half of that would have to be at rack rate. So, what I have done is applied the code to your existing courtesy hold. The new total is $4474.20. The total if booked as a split stay, with the PIN code attached the reservation for 11/30-12/5 would be $5108.62.

I waS thinking about splitting the stay between pop from the 30-5..for the discount..then pofq 5-11..

this was from an email dated 1-27:

ME: Hi..I did know that your company does monitor and decrease the price if possible, which is why i would certainly book with you. I do have an email for 40% off stays at disney at a value resort from nov 29-dec 5th..
AGENCY: I would need the PN number off of this e-mail in order to check availability for you. .
ME: i'm sure you must know about that discount, but i am still unclear if it's for the package or just the room..but i don't know that even if it's still the room, if it would be cheaper to do a whole package or do it all seperate...if i even can do that..your the pro!
AGENCY: These PIN codes can be used towards packages with Dining so it makes them an even better offer.

SO now i'm really confused...just have to keep doing some more research...and ask you all for your help! : )

I would call Disney directly. I don't think I would trust this company from the sounds of it. I am using the same code at the Contemporary and saving over $2000. Albeit it is a much more expensive resort, but I had originally booked at the POR and was going to save over $700 for 12/17 - 12/24.

Just my .02

well...i just called wdw directly and they were even $232 off more than the agency quoted me..and like a dummy i thought it was the same price, so i didn't have her reserve the room, and now i can't today, i have to go to work..so i can only HOPE the next person I talk to at WDW gives me the same price. I can only kick myself again, and again..anyone else want to help!:rotfl2:
ARGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And to add to it..if i split my stay like i really want to, going thru the agency will cost me $5100+ but thru wdw it's $4450...that's a HUGE difference...i have to say, i'm pretty disappointed withe agency..it's a reputable agency and i used them before..even used the same agent! huh!..once again...ARG!

You don't need to do a split stay at Pop just for the discount. You can stay at POFQ the whole time, and use the discount for the included nights, and pay full price for the non included nights.

I have the same pin discount and am using it at the GF the same week. It wasn't just value resorts that included.

Good Luck!

yeah, i got that, about the discount from the lady at wdw ressies...i just want to split the stay for something different. I thought it would be a nice change of pace...besides i want to avoid value resorts, during PW...
i will call tomorrow, cuz i'm heading off to work soon...but any more insight from everyone is welcome!
thanks

6 nights with the 40% off at POFQ standard view, Nov 30-Dec 5, would be a total of $603.45
Regular price is $1005.75
Savings of $402.30

6 nights value resort with the 40% off standard view would be a total of $332.10
Regular price is $553.50
Savings of $221.40

Taxes included - room only price without tickets or dining plan for one room

well...i just called wdw directly and they were even $232 off more than the agency quoted me..and like a dummy i thought it was the same price, so i didn't have her reserve the room, and now i can't today, i have to go to work..so i can only HOPE the next person I talk to at WDW gives me the same price. I can only kick myself again, and again..anyone else want to help!:rotfl2:
ARGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And to add to it..if i split my stay like i really want to, going thru the agency will cost me $5100+ but thru wdw it's $4450...that's a HUGE difference...i have to say, i'm pretty disappointed withe agency..it's a reputable agency and i used them before..even used the same agent! huh!..once again...ARG!

The prices through the agency and Disney are the same. I think that there is something that isn't being compared apples to apples here. I would definitely go back to the agent and make sure that you give them this information so that they know where the error occured.

We are all human and mistakes do happen

These PIN codes can be used towards packages with Dining
The TA states it can be used for packages with dining. She is not stating the dining is 40% off also.
What she states is I am sure correct -- a dining package can be used against your code. That is not to say there is a discount on the dining.

well..i ended calling up wdw again and the cm that helped me was telling me that the 40% pin code was for free dining not 40%...ok, maybe it equals the same, but obviously everyone know something different at the world...i ended up booking with my agency...i think the difference is my agency says i can only use the 40% on a waterview room and i think the original wdw person gave me a standard, which is where the $200 difference is.told the agency about it and she says it's the best she can do, but if something changes she will change the ressie....ah well...no matter what WDW here we come...in 10 months!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter