Trattoria del Porto buffet

Tinker-tude

<font color=red>Proud Redhead!<br><font color=peac
I did a few searches to see if there were any reviews of the buffet at PBH's Trattoria del Porto. We'd like to eat there one night on our vacation (in 2 days!) and I was wondering about the quality of the food. The regular menu looks wonderful. Does the buffet maintain a high standard? Being a buffet, it makes me wonder if the $30 per adult is worth it, or if we'd just be better off ordering from the menu.

Any reviews and experiences would be appreciated!

My DH and DD13 did the NYEve buffet at $46 per meal. All kinds seafood with crablegs that were already cracked/split for the diner. Prime rib, pasta, cheese, salads. Tons of desserts--they both said it was the best buffet they had ever had

yum! the special NYE buffet sounded great

wonder what's on the usual one? we haven't tried it since DH doesn't do italian food:confused3 . Long as they had some sort of unsauced chicken or beef it'd be a go for us;)

popcorn::

Thanks for responding! We'll plan on going Friday night when they have character dining scheduled. Woo-hoo!

We leave TOMORROW! :banana: :dance3: :yay: :woohoo: :cheer2: :cool1: :thumbsup2

Have fun and I hope the weather stays great for you!:flower3:
Well...it's supposed to cool down tomorrow because of a cold front moving through the area bringing showers. It's still supposed to be in the lower 70's by the weekend so it's not too bad.

Thanks for responding! We'll plan on going Friday night when they have character dining scheduled. Woo-hoo!

We leave TOMORROW! :banana: :dance3: :yay: :woohoo: :cheer2: :cool1: :thumbsup2

Have a great time and let us know how you liked it cause its a place we always wanted to try and maybe we will this year.

Well...it's supposed to cool down tomorrow because of a cold front moving through the area bringing showers. It's still supposed to be in the lower 70's by the weekend so it's not too bad.

That's when you head indoors to Studios for MIB, Neutron Make-up show...:thumbsup2

We have done the Thanksgiving buffet for the past few years. It is incredible, much like the NY Eve buffet mentioned. My kids now think that Thanksgiving has to have both turkey, stuffing and crab legs.

We have also done the breakfast buffet - also fantastic.

We did the buffet last July 5th. For the July 4th holiday they had a special buffet but onthe 5th it was their regular buffet and it was $20 which was very reasonable for WDW/Universal resort restaurants. As to quality, I would have to day average. I can't say there was a single item that stuck out as being memorable but they did have a nice variety of tasty desserts. DS 15 did not want the buffet and ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. Our server was so sweet - she told DS to go grab a dessert and she won't charge for it.
As to the spaghetti, it was the best spaghetti I can recall. DS still talks about it. He could not eat the whole dish and took it in his carryon the next day to eat it for dinner. Hope this helps!

Is the buffet always offered or only on special occasions? I'm looking for a dinner spot. Hoping for crab legs/claws and prime rib...

Is the buffet always offered or only on special occasions? I'm looking for a dinner spot. Hoping for crab legs/claws and prim rib...

I think they have some type of buffet or offer. In early January, they offered a create your own pasta. I saw the menu in the Club Lounge. They gave you a choice of several types of pastas, sauces, meats and other items, ie mushrooms, pine nuts, etc. We were considering it but wanted to try Mamas. We hope they still are offering it when we go in February because we want to give it a try. I think the price was $20 and included salad and bread.

Thanks, Disneyhappy. I am hoping for more variety in a buffet, rather than "create your own pasta."

If Trattoria doesn't offer something, can anyone recommend a place where you can get prime rib or crab legs?

i'm still waiting for tamie tu tu to come back and tell us about the buffet she had .......

tamie tu tu? I hope she doesn't forget!

Thanks, Disneyhappy. I am hoping for more variety in a buffet, rather than "create your own pasta."

If Trattoria doesn't offer something, can anyone recommend a place where you can get prime rib or crab legs?

I believe they may also have had the buffet along with create your own. We did the buffet last summer and I thought it was OK. It was great but for $20 in a major resort, it was good.

Crab legs? I recall having crab legs at The Island Dining room at RPR two summers ago. It was a seafood buffet and I think it was offered only on Friday nights.

Can't answer you about prime rib but I know that The Island Dining Room at RPR and The Kitchen at HRH have great steaks.

Good Luck!

Trattoria del Porto wasn't open when we went. They had a sign that said farewell in Italian.... I hope it's not closing for good? So we went next door to Mama Della's and had the best meal of our whole vacation. Possibly the best meal of any of our vacations, ever. Everyone there was so warm and welcoming. We felt like we were meeting old friends. The service was impeccable without feeling overly formal. It felt exactly like eating at a relative's house who happens to be a fantastic chef. We met the Italian lady who runs the kitchen, and her daughter (who also runs the kitchen) was our server. The food was absolutely fabulous. It was melt-in-your-mouth good, the flavors were a very original version of traditional Italian, and the presentation was beautiful. Brent had a sea food and vegetable pasta dish, and I had the pine nut crusted Mahi-Mahi. Mama Della's will be a "must do" on our list from now on. We were also serenaded by the opera singers and guitar player who had just finished a mini-concert outside on the balcony. They sang a beautiful love song in Italian for us, and posed for a picture. Everyone was great with the kids, even though Jonathan had just awakened from a nap and was NOT happy about it. It was just a perfect experience in every way. We felt right at home, and spoiled to boot. I wanna go back NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter