trapp family lodge

disneymon

Earning My Ears
looking for someone who has stayed at the trapp family lodge. Is it a good place to take small children, what did you do while there. We are thinking of going this summer if it is available. Thanks for any info possible.

We went to the lodge 2 years ago during the winter. We did not enjoy ourselves, but it could have been due to the frigid weather. I believe the lodge would be nicer during the summer. However, they were not very kid friendly. They do not have any kid meals at either of their restaurants! We had to go into town to eat, otherwise, we would have paid a fortune for dinner. They also do not have many activities for children. They seem to cater to adults.

I hope they have changed their tune. I think they are missing out on a huge market, by not catering to families.

D. B. Kelly

P.S. My sister-in-law also found it very boring for her children.

Thanks for the info, on the te trapp family website it says that they have all kinds of children activities. I will have to check it out with others!!!!

Our last stay at TFL was this past November. Our kids had a great time. We did not attempt to eat at the restaurant but did walk down to the bakery for breakfast treats. I find TFL to be very kid friendly but, it depends on what you are looking for.They do have an indoor pool & a kids club that you can sign you kid up for. The kids club has activities like hiking, art projects, snowshoeing, etc... They also have other family programs like maple sugaring etc... Every night they have a movie in the main lodge (not first run but, usually enjoyable). The resort is very close to Stowe which has a lot of kid friendly restaurants (and an awsome public indoor pool...with slides etc...). I think it is a great resort but, if you are looking for a lot of action this is not the place for you. After all it IS Vermont.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter