Transportation questions for Port Canaveral

pacruiser

Earning My Ears
I have a cruise on the dream next week. I booked transportation from the orlando airport to the port on the disney bus, but I never received any info on it. How does the bus work, is it a set schedule or do buses just keep showing up every so often?

My port arrival time is 1:45pm - 2pm. What time should I plan to get to the orlando airport? It's an hour ride to the port so just show up around 12:30pm and wait for the next bus? We are flying in a couple days before and will have a rental car which we will return at the airport.

There are 7 of us, I know it's more expensive to book disney vs a private shuttle. For the trip out, booked disney. For the way back, going to book a shuttle for all of us. Flights leave around 12:30pm. I would like to get off as late as possible. If we are arranging our own transportation, what is the latest we can get off? 9am? So I should book a 9:15am pickup at the port? 9:30am? How long does it take by the time you leave your room to when you show up wherever the private transportation shuttles pick up?

Thanks

If you used DCL transport, simply disregard your PAT and show up when you are ready to leave. Shuttle run continuously from 9AM to somewhere around 1PM. They fill a bus and it leaves and they start filling the next one. Even if you arrived on your own, with such a late PAT, you could have shown up anytime after 12:30 since they go into open boarding by then.

The latest you can be on the ship is 9AM. For a 12:30 flight, I would not wait this late for the pickup, simply because security at MCO is sometimes problematic and you’d want to get there 2.5 hours before the flight to be safe.

You must vacate your room at 8AM. Depending on your seating, you either have a 6:45 or 8:15 seating assigned for breakfast in the dining room, or you can eat breakfast in Cabanas. From the point where you scan your card to the curb, the time will mainly depend on how backed up immigration is. It could be 15 minutes up to 45 minutes. During the shut down, it was sometimes more than an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter