• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation Question (Epcot to Cali Grill)

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
We were going to book Yachtsman Steakhouse for our fall trip on the day we were starting at DHS, then hopping to Epcot. We were just going to walk over to YC for a late dinner, then walk to our car at DHS after dinner. Now I find out the YSH will be closed while we are there. I've been wanting to try California Grill. I know I can ride the monorail there from Epcot. But getting back to our car may be a problem.

Here are the options I think I have:

1. Don't drive the car that day. Take a bus from AKV to DHS, boat to Epcot, monorail to Cali Grill, walk to MK, catch a bus to AKV.

2. Drive to DHS, then drive to Epcot, take monorail to Cali Grill, then take monorail back to Epcot's parking lot to get the car.

3. Drive to DHS, then drive to TTC, take monorail to Epcot, then take monorail to Cali Grill, then take monorail to TTC.

Which would you do? Or do you have a better plan? Also how long should I plan for the monorail ride to take from Epcot to the Contemporary?

Hi,

My suggestion would be a modified version of #1. Take the bus in the morning from AKL to DHS, then take a bus from DHS right to the CR. After dinner, I'd take a taxi back to the hotel.

Here are the options I think I have:

1. Don't drive the car that day. Take a bus from AKV to DHS, boat to Epcot, monorail to Cali Grill, walk to MK, catch a bus to AKV.

2. Drive to DHS, then drive to Epcot, take monorail to Cali Grill, then take monorail back to Epcot's parking lot to get the car.

3. Drive to DHS, then drive to TTC, take monorail to Epcot, then take monorail to Cali Grill, then take monorail to TTC.

Because you're hopping between DHS and Epcot, I would go with a modified #1. Take the bus to DHS, boat/walk to Epcot, monorail to CR and then take a taxi back to AKL after dinner. A taxi is about $15-$20 plus tip. It's much faster.

Or you could drive to DHS, boat/walk to Epcot, boat/walk back to DHS, drive to CR. The boat is about 25 to 30 minutes from Epcot to DHS, so you might not really be losing that much time and you'll have your car with you at CR.

The monorail ride from Epcot to the TTC is about 20 minutes. From the TTC, you'll need to take the resort line, so it goes to the Poly, GF, and MK before CR. I would guess another 20 minutes (I don't remember, sorry).

Because you're hopping between DHS and Epcot, I would go with a modified #1. Take the bus to DHS, boat/walk to Epcot, monorail to CR and then take a taxi back to AKL after dinner. A taxi is about $15-$20 plus tip. It's much faster.

Or you could drive to DHS, boat/walk to Epcot, boat/walk back to DHS, drive to CR. The boat is about 25 to 30 minutes from Epcot to DHS, so you might not really be losing that much time and you'll have your car with you at CR.

The monorail ride from Epcot to the TTC is about 20 minutes. From the TTC, you'll need to take the resort line, so it goes to the Poly, GF, and MK before CR. I would guess another 20 minutes (I don't remember, sorry).

I like your 2nd option. Not only do I enjoy the boat ride between DHS and Epcot (so relaxing), I like the idea of having the car at CR. If MK has evening EMH, I will probably want to go into the park after dinner, but my DH (and possibly my DSs) will want to go back to the resort. That will make it easier on them having the car right there. I've just been stuck on the idea of the monorail being the way to go that I hadn't even thought of that option.

I know I'm going to sound like a cheapskate, but taking a taxi is not an option. I work hard on saving money at WDW, so I'm not going to spend $20 on transportation when there are way cheaper options! I would rather spend my $20 on something else.

Thanks for the idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter