• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Transportation pricing

KEMdisney

DIS Veteran
We are a group of 4 adults flying into MCO the morning of our cruise, I understand it is $35 per person to take DCl transportation. Are there cheaper options or is this the most economical?

Also, we are heading to AKL after our cruise, will it be 35 per person for this as well?

Yes, you understand the pricing correctly and yes, it's likely you can find a less expensive option.

$70 x 4 is $280 for four round trip DCL transfers. Compare pricing on rental car plus parking (port vs off-port), two one-way rentals and some type of town car service. Lots of options to consider.

Yes, it is $35.00 each way per person for using Disney transportation.
Try looking into renting a car one-way, go on your cruise, and the rent another car one-way back to MCO to take ME to the resort. This may or may not come out cheaper than paying for four peole $35.00 each way.
Another option is looking at getting a car service to take you to the port and then from the port to the resort.

We find the most economical is renting a car -- don't forget to look up discount codes. We can usually get a standard size car w/taxes (need to add tolls and fuel to the cost to compare to other modes) for about $50 one way.

A car service might be more expensive then renting but it might be more convenient (especially going from the port to the resort, I'd hate to have to return a car to MCO then get ME bus from MCO to the resort). But for 4, it might be about the same price as DCL transfers

There are many good towncar/limo services. Prices do vary a bit, but the break even point is usually somewhere between 3 and 4 guests. Check out FL Tours, Happy, Limo, RJ,s and others. They will happily take you from the airport to the cruise terminal and from the terminal to WDW.

ONE difference. If you use DCL transfers to get to the terminal, you will not need to stop at luggage claim. DCL will do that for you and your luggage will magically appear outside your cabin on the ship. If you use a limo service, you need to stop and get the luggage and then meet the limo driver.

Magical Express will get you from your WDW resort back to the airport at no cost.

A less costly way is to rent a car. As above, we typically can get a one way rental including all taxes and fees for under $50. Check out discounts at rentalcodes.com and mousesavers.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter