Transportation LAX to Grand Cali

DVCanadian

Mouseketeer
Hi, anyone have recommendations or advice on the best way to get to the grand California from the LA airport?

Most threads on this area few years old.

Really starting to appreciate MME.

Karmel Shuttle is my fave.

I've used Super Shuttle (didn't much enjoy it).

I've used rental cars; that's fine b/c I don't mind driving, but you do have to be aware that all rental agencies are offsite and require a shuttle ride.

There has been something called Disneyland Resort Express, which is a coach bus, but it recently changed ownership from GrayLine and I'm not sure how it's going.

Hi, anyone have recommendations or advice on the best way to get to the grand California from the LA airport?

I've used the Super Shuttle. Experience was good! But it felt like it took forever to get to Disneyland Resort...or maybe I was just anxious lol

Karmel Shuttle is my fave.

I've used Super Shuttle (didn't much enjoy it).

I've used rental cars; that's fine b/c I don't mind driving, but you do have to be aware that all rental agencies are offsite and require a shuttle ride.

There has been something called Disneyland Resort Express, which is a coach bus, but it recently changed ownership from GrayLine and I'm not sure how it's going.

I thought the Disneyland Resort Express was still Grayline. Grayline just stopped offering the tours and such that they used to.
I've used that the most - the larger buses are just more comfortable and their first stop usually is GC/VGC.

For my family, it was more economical and quicker to rent a car and drive. But, we parked for free at DL.

We used Lansky and found them very good. They will provide car seats if required and incorporate a grocery stop if you'd like.

If you haven't purchased plane tickets yet, I recommend John Wayne Airport in Orange County for flying in to DL. Rental cars are easy there, the airport is easy to get around, and it is pretty close to DL. It is also a nice area to explore if you want to see the beaches.

We used Super Shuttle. I think I booked a semi-private van or something. We ended up being the only ones. Cheapest option I could find for 3 adults with lots of luggage (continuing on to Hawaii for 10 nights afterward).

There is an Alamo desk at Downtown Disney. So if you rent a car one way one day you can just park it in the GC lot across the street and drop the keys off at Alamo (can even toss them in slot in door after hours). This was especially convenient last summer to allow grocery store stop on the way to DLR

We used Disneyland Express in August. We prepurchased our tickets online at a discount ahead of time. We would use it again.

We flew into John Wayne airport and rented a car there. If you are DVC, parking is free at the resort. Depending on how many people you have in your party, it might be cheaper to rent a car. This might allow for more flexibility in your schedule during your trip.

If you haven't purchased plane tickets yet, I recommend John Wayne Airport in Orange County for flying in to DL. Rental cars are easy there, the airport is easy to get around, and it is pretty close to DL. It is also a nice area to explore if you want to see the beaches.

Too late, already bought tickets to LAX. I'm in Canada so no easy flights to john Wayne

There is an Alamo desk at Downtown Disney. So if you rent a car one way one day you can just park it in the GC lot across the street and drop the keys off at Alamo (can even toss them in slot in door after hours). This was especially convenient last summer to allow grocery store stop on the way to DLR

Great idea, I will check it out. Really looks like it could cost $200 to get back and forth from the airport.

We used Super Shuttle's private service for our family of four and we were quite pleased. Our plane was delayed and the driver was really good about contacting and waiting for us after we landed. The traffic was crazy and I was so thankful to have a driver who knew what he was doing!

Uber. Did an XL in Jan. About $80 each way and held 5 of us and our luggage. If you are 3 or more, nicer, quicker, and cheaper than just about anything else.

We recently used Uber. No problem with Uber from airport to hotel but upon returning to airport I requested an Uber and the app kept saying 10 minutes. Then I got a text that driver was arriving. Oddly the vehicle never moved from original place. I thought it was the app freezing. Finally called driver and he told me he wasn't allowed to enter Disney property. I know this isn't true because I had used lyft the month prior no problem with pick up. Anyways the driver told me to walk to downtown Disney and then a couple blocks to my right. Of course That's about a half hour walk and also had luggage. I had to take a last minute taxi and pay $125. Uber quote was $37. Taxi driver said for future reference that Uber drivers are famous for this in Anaheim and it's easier to collect $5 pp than actually give rides. Said lyft was more reliable and to always call driver as soon as ride accepted to confirm and if anything sounds off to cancel right away to avoid the charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter