Transportation in San Diego

Bmwdsny

<font color=purple>Mom to Tinkerbell-attitude daug
HI,
After Disneyland, we will be going to San Diego for my DH conference for a few nights.. My DD and I will be on our own...but we will not have a car. We will be staying at the Marriott Marina Hotel, right next to the Convention Center..(is this area considered "downtown"?? :confused3 ) We would like to visit Sea World and perahps San Diego Zoo. What the best transportation to take to get there?? How far are those parks from the hotel??
I never been to San Diego so i don't know much about the area. Any help or tips/advices would be greatly appreciated. :flower:

Thanks!!

The convention center is at the edge of downtown--close to the Gaslamp District where there are great restaurants. You are also within walking distance of the new baseball stadium and the tourist trap known as Seaport Village. You can also take the ferry across the bay to Coronado Island and walk around there. It is a nice, upscale retired military town.

Public transportation in San Diego sucks, even with the expansion of the trolley. I cannot think of any easy way to get to SeaWorld besides cab.

The trolley will get you to the Zoo if you are willing to walk a ways--but it is really on the other side of downtown and I can't imagine a cab being that much--although I've never taken a cab in San Diego.

You should check out this site. I don't always agree with him, but he is right on most of the time.

http://www.localwally.com/

Thanks you so much, M's Girl...The website was a big help. :flower:

At one time you could take the city bus to the zoo and it let you out at the edge of the parking lot. If you're downtown you're close enough to lots of things that you don't need transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter