• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TRANSPORTATION IN ITALY

carolsherman

DIS Veteran
I have a question hoping someone can answer next year we are doing Greece from Italy. Does anyone know of a car service that will act like a taxi. I tried ICS and they are not returning my emails or phone. Thanks

Just so you know, only Uber Black is available, which makes it expensive.

My understanding is that it is because even Uber drivers must be licensed there. How do the prices compare to taxis? I like the idea of using the Uber app and not worrying about the driver trying to rip me off, which is a fairly common occurrence from what I have heard.

We went to Paris for spring break a few weeks ago & used Uber everywhere with no issues. Price was same as major city in US. Last time we went to Rome in 2019, we didn’t use Uber as my phone bill was ridiculous from using the data. We actually had a lot of issues getting taxis. Only way we got one was asking our hotel or going to front desk of another hotel & asking them to call one for us. We didn’t have any issues with price, but they probably had arrangement with the hotels. My plan this summer was to use Uber in Italy now that I switched phone providers.

We used Rome in Limo several times back in 2019. We used them for airport transfers, shore excursions, walking tours, tours of Rome and transfers between cities. They aren't cheap, but they were fantastic. The do give a discount for booking multiple experiences and I would absolutely use them again the next time we are in Italy.

On the Cruise Critic forums there used to be an entire years long thread about them in the port of Rome section. That was all pre-pandemic though, so I'm not sure how active it currently is.

My understanding is that it is because even Uber drivers must be licensed there. How do the prices compare to taxis? I like the idea of using the Uber app and not worrying about the driver trying to rip me off, which is a fairly common occurrence from what I have heard.
My understanding is that prices are comparable and you get the vehicle you want (eg van for a family with luggage). Also all UBERs are air conditioned and I understand some taxis are not. I was on cruise critic and comments seem to be that UBERs are not that much more and vehicles are much cleaner (and have air).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter