Transportation from WDW to Airport

Okiemom

Mouseketeer
I know about the bus transportation provided by WDW, but was thinking of flying out on a Sunday evening and was wanting park time for the AM and early afternoon. Don't they want to pick up 3 hours before flight time?
Do the private air services make you leave 3 hours before flight time too?

If you want to use a private car service, it's best to have them picked you up at least 2 hours before your flight.

Mear's cost between $75.00 to $90.00 before tip to drive us from Poly to MCO; never missing the bus again:).
Sometimes we train down to Orlando and that costs around 50 bucks before tip; I always wish the Magical Express did pick ups there.
Yes it picks up 3 hours in advance but if you pack up your stuff the night before and leave it with bell services you'll have lots of time to enjoy your last day at WDW.
The longggggggg wait on the TSA line will give you lots of time to think about the good times you left behind especially if you are leaving on a late flight back home since many went for the same strategy as you. And if you are not TSA pre check in you'll wait regardless.

Mear's cost between $75.00 to $90.00 before tip to drive us from Poly to MCO; never missing the bus again:).
Sometimes we train down to Orlando and that costs around 50 bucks before tip; I always wish the Magical Express did pick ups there.
Yes it picks up 3 hours in advance but if you pack up your stuff the night before and leave it with bell services you'll have lots of time to enjoy your last day at WDW.
The longggggggg wait on the TSA line will give you lots of time to think about the good times you left behind especially if you are leaving on a late flight back home since many went for the same strategy as you. And if you are not TSA pre check in you'll wait regardless.

That's what we did on our checkout day in 2013. We packed up, handed everything over to bell services, went to DTD/DS for the morning and early afternoon, then arrived back at Pop just before our ME arrived and got our stuff back from bell services.

It is recommended you arrive at the airport 2 hrs before your flight, whatever way you choose to get there. 3 hrs is when Disney does pickups since yours may not be the only pickup. You can certainly try to cut it closer, but have no idea how long the security lines might be. If you miss your flight because of a late airport arrival, the airline isn't responsible.

We have used Lyft the last couple trips. Much more convenient and faster for less than $30. We usually gather our luggage (from either our hotel or the Contemporary bell desk) and call for a Lyft about 2 1/2 hours before the flight, but we have TSA pre-check. Orlando TSA lines are awful, so don't cut it too close.

Since you should to be at the airport at least two hours before your flight, you'll have to decide if thats worth it to you. Say you get picked up two hours before your flight ( which may be risky)...is that extra hour worth $100 to you? If so, go for it. I wouldn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter