Transportation from POP to Wide World of Sports

believinthemagic

Mouseketeer
Wondered if anyone has experience with transportation to Wide World of Sports? I believe POP (where we are staying) has buses that run to Wide World of Sports. But we will also have a car. Wondered if the buses run often and are convenient. Or if driving ourselves over and parking there is the best option.

We will be going back and forth for a four day wrestling tournament in June. My son who is the wrestler will be staying with his team, off property. So I'm just interested in the best transportation for the 3 or 4 of us who will be going over to watch.

Wondered if anyone has experience with transportation to Wide World of Sports? I believe POP (where we are staying) has buses that run to Wide World of Sports. But we will also have a car. Wondered if the buses run often and are convenient. Or if driving ourselves over and parking there is the best option.

We will be going back and forth for a four day wrestling tournament in June. My son who is the wrestler will be staying with his team, off property. So I'm just interested in the best transportation for the 3 or 4 of us who will be going over to watch.

Pop is so close to WWOS that I’d just drive, if it were me. We’ve stayed at Pop twice and I don’t recall seeing any buses for WWOS, but of course I may not have noticed!

This info is several years old. A bus ran to EWWS (ESPN Wide World of Sports) every half hour on a fixed schedule. After leaving Pop, the bus went to pick up at CBR before going to EWWS, so the trip over took about 20 minutes, while the trip back only took about 5 minutes. IIRC, the bus left EWWS on the hour and half hour, so it left Pop around :05 and :35.

If that fits your schedule & you don't mind the detour thru CBR, the bus ran reliably, except when there was a major event, like a Braves game, messing up traffic. But you can drive over in 5 minutes.

We always stay at Pop for my daughter's soccer events. The buses run often and drop you off close to the front. If you drive, you might be in a for a long walk depending on the event. The paved lot fills up quick and the overflow is across the street in a grass field.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter