Transportation from Fremont St to strip with luggage

pamluvsdisney

<font color=blue>Did anyone else have a Baby Beans
Another question. YOu experts are great.

We are staying one night at Gold Nugget on Fremont St. then we are going to stay the next 4 nights at Bally's.

1. How should my husband and I get from Gold Nugget to the main strip (Bally's) with a couple bags?

If taxi is the best option, how much will that cost? Do you tip too?

2. Also, is a taxi the best way to get to and from airport to these hotels?
Cost?

Thank you so much.
Pam

1. Cab is the easiest from Golden Nugget to Ballys. Approximate cost is about $20; you probably should tip. There is a bus which goes from downtown to the strip, which is cheaper. The problem with the bus is that the downtown terminal is a few blocks from the Nugget; dealing with carrying luggage on and off the bus may be a bit of a hassle, and the bus is slower as it makes multiple stops.

2. Airport to downtown is approximately $25 by cab; Ballys to airport is $10-$15 by cab. There is a shuttle that goes from the airport to downtown hotels-for two of you, the cab may be more cost effective.

There is a free shuttle from Freemont to the strip......not sure where they take you though. Our experience is usually about $20 by cab.

I'd do a Taxi from Golden Nugget to the strip. It'll cost you about $15-20 and give a couple bucks tip. You can just go right outside the hotel and a taxi will be there. You don't need to call or anything, just tell the bellman you need one.

Don't try the bus, I rode it once from downtown to the strip in the daytime and I was scared :(

I love the Golden Nugget!!! Make sure to try the french onion soup if you order room service or eat in their cafe, it's so delish!! The buffet is good too!

From the airport, you could do taxi again. Or do an airport shuttle. This takes longer to get to your hotel, but is cheaper. It'll stop at different hotels along the way, It's been several years since I've done it, but it's like $10 each way or something like that, cheaper if you book a round trip.

If you are going to be doing alot of taxi/getting around, you might want to look into renting a car. We found them to be very reasonable to rent in vegas. Parking at the hotels is always free, as well as valet parking, where you only have to tip the drivers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter