Transportation from Disneyland to San Pedro?

MichellT

Mouseketeer
DVC Premium
What would be the best way to get to San Pedro? I'm not sure if DCL offers transfers, or if that would be a good idea since maybe they get to the cruise later on? Of course we'd like to be on the boat relatively early. We have 4 people. I think a cab is an option but that's probably expensive since it's a bit of a distance, right?

Any help appreciated!

We have DCL transfers. I know there are also private limo/van services. I don't know who is operating the transfers for DCL, but we booked them thru DCL.

A cab would run you a good deal of $$$....DCL does offer transfers from the Disney hotel and you can ask your travel agent (we were quoted $50/person).

Other option might be a super shuttle? You could also do a car rental and drop it off at the port (we used Enterprise and they charge you a drop off fee).

We just got back. We used Golden West Express and they were great. They were at Paradise Pier when we requested. They took us in a black suburban. Others that we know of that were using DCL transfers got picked up at 1:40 from the hotel. Way too late for us.

We have Disney transfers for 8/13. We have 7 people going. I believe we paid $25/pp leaving from GC. The only thing is - we're not leaving until 12:10. I'm going to try to get an earlier bus when we check in on 8/11.

We just returned from our DCL cruise and use DCL transfers. We were staying at DL Hotel, but they pick up at all DL hotels. The schedule is this 12:00 at DL hotel, 12:10 at Paradise Pier and 12:20 at Grand Californian. We had a dedicated bus at DL hotel because we had over 40 people alone there. We got to the port in about 40 minutes and had little to no wait to get on board. We were all checked-in and sitting in Parrot Cay by 1:30. Not bad at all considering the horror stories I had read about arriving to the port late. Staterooms aren't available until after 2PM, so there really is no need to rush down.

I wrote to Golden West Express and asked for a quote. We have two little ones with carseats, so I would prefer not to use a large bus since then they would have to sit on our laps. Hopefully with 4 os us, we can do a little better than DCL's transfer pricing. I'll let you know what the quote turns out to be.

Also I'm trying to avoid sitting on hold for 30 minutes with our TA to add the transfers :-)

Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost from LAX to the port?

Thanks,
Deb

We were able to get limo service from the port to Disneyland for $84.00 (we just needed one way)

That was less for our group of 6 than Disney transfers OR super shuttle... and a lot more fun!

We used Limozip.com and Anthony was our driver. I would definitely recommend them/him.

I think we lucked out and caught an introductory rate, plus I booked online and pre-paid for an even better discount.
I'm not sure what the rates are now, I did hear they had gone up some, but they were so far below all the other Limo services when I checked (we used them back in May) that it might be worth looking in to.

They quoted me $68 for a van (we have huge carseats, a double stroller and loads of bags) and we're going to go with them. Good communication so far!

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions here!

I also used LimoZip and booked Anthony
I made a mistake and put in a wrong date for pickup and Anthony
called me
He was SO NICE and funny!
I can't wait to meet him
It was also cheaper to book thru them for 7 people than a shuttle plus
I can choose a time to go to the port.
AzPirates: wanna tell me anything else about Anthony? He seems
like a funny guy. Did you tip him beyond what you tipped on line?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter