Transportation from Disney to Universal

Might be to rent a car if you could get a good deal. It was ~$40 each way the last time we went by cab.

Either rent a car or see what the Mears shuttle would cost to take you to and from. I know the front desk will arrange for the shuttle but I have no idea how much it costs since we always have a rental car.

the shuttle is $19 per adult and $16 for children.
round trip cost $54.
gratuity not included.

you are picked up at your disney resort and dropped off at UO.

if you do a car rental you would also have to pay for parking in the garage for UO.

Dreams Unlimited Travel offers some okay deals on tickets with Mears transportation from Disney. http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/

We've used this and thought it wass pretty convenient. A rental car would be faster since you wouldn't have to wait on the shuttle.

A non-advertised perk of the Dreams Unlimited tickets w/ transfers is that you can get early entry to IoA. Since it's not an advertised perk it's not guaranteed that you'll get but we did in March and there have been several reports of this working. An extra hour in the morning in HP is huge! :)

Dreams Unlimited Travel offers some okay deals on tickets with Mears transportation from Disney. http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/

We've used this and thought it wass pretty convenient. A rental car would be faster since you wouldn't have to wait on the shuttle.

A non-advertised perk of the Dreams Unlimited tickets w/ transfers is that you can get early entry to IoA. Since it's not an advertised perk it's not guaranteed that you'll get but we did in March and there have been several reports of this working. An extra hour in the morning in HP is huge! :)

I second this! We also did this in Jan and had great success with it. On our way out our first day (we got the 2 day tickets) I asked the TMs at the turnstyles if my tickets would get me in early the next morning (I didn't want to arrive an hour early just to sit and wait). They looked at them, verified it with another employee and said that because of a certain letter code on the ticket that YES we could get in early. And we had no issue the next morning! We were in and through Oleanders 2 times and halfway through the Castle before the park even opened to the public.

Okay...getting up on my soapbox for a minute here...and OP?? I really don't mean to poke at you, but you have given me a perfect opening...

to those who feel there is a need for more stickies....this thread is a case in point against adding more. The title of this thread is an almost exact duplicate of a stickied thread!!! All the answers for this poster are in that stickied thread!!!!
Now, do you all understand why I am adverse to adding even more of them???

No one looks at them!!!:thumbsup2

To the OP..I have used the DreamsUnlimited offer several times. If you don't have park passes already, to US/IoA, it's a very good deal. If you already have passes, you can just call Mears the day before you want to go to US/IoA and make arrangements for a ride over...as well as your return. It's about $19 pp, r/t. If you have 3 or 4 in your group, you may find a car service to be a cheaper option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter