• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation from Aulani to Waikiki (Pearl Harbor Tour)???

littlesistercub

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I am sure that this question has been asked and answered somewhere on this board but I can't find anything that specifically answers my question. My family and I are traveling to Aulani in mid-July and we have the Day at Pearl Harbor tour scheduled (not through the resort). We know that we have to meet the tour at a Waikiki hotel at 6:25 A. There are 8 of us in the group and we are trying to avoid renting a car that can haul all of us. My question is if anyone can recommend a specific car or shuttle service from Aulani to Waikiki that early in the morning? Possibly give me some personal experience: good or bad? Thanks!

Was there a specific reason for picking that tour? You're going to be driving directly past pearl harbor to get to Waikiki just to drive back to pearl, and then (I assume) end at Waikiki just to drive back past pearl harbor again on your way back to aulani. If you can, I think your BEST bet would be to find a different tour to schedule rather than wasting a lot of needless time and money on a shuttle which is driving way out of the way. Edited to add: I just mapped it round trip. It should be about a 36 mile round trip. Doing it your way it's about 86 miles.

I agree. I would instead just rent an 8 person minivan for the day and drive to Pearl Harbor yourself. You don't need a tour to do this at all! Just go early and get tickets; I have never ordered them ahead of time. You may have a couple hours to kill, so in that time you can do the submarine tour, enjoy the museum, etc. Then get lunch on the way back or do some shopping.

No way would I go all the way to Waikiki then backtrack to Pearl Harbor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter