Transportation During Marathon

Can anyone give me an idea as to how the transportation will be working during the half and full marathons. We will be at WDW on both the 6th and 7th and I'm wondering if the busses will be running on these two days. On previous trips, we had a rental car and didn't have any problems. This trip, we are using Disney transportation and were wondering if there would be any closures due to the marathon. Thanks. Ed:confused3

expect it to take forever to get anywhere. My sister ran the full marathon last year. We watched her run by the castle and then we had to take the monorail to the ttc to get the bus to DAK, her next park stop. Well, about an hour later (after waiting almost 25 for a bus) we were there and BARELY saw her run by! Thankfully she was slowing down! The bus was in stopped, and I mean stopped traffic. The runners have priority during that time. The good news is that if the runners haven't hit a certain point by the 7 hour mark, they sweep them up and they can't finish. Hmm...I actually think the 7 hour mark is the completion now that I think about it, and if they miss certain checkpoints they sweep them up and they can't continue on. So, they guarantee the end of the race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter