Transportation after Moonlight Magic Events

CanadaDisney05

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know how transportation works after moonlight magic events? Do the monorails, busses, boats, and skyliner continue to run?

We will be travelling next September and hope to get into the moonlight magic events in September at Hollywood Studios. We will have two young kids who will most likely be fast asleep in the stroller throughout the event. Our original plan was to book a Lake View room at BLT for that trip, but now I'm thinking either Poly, or some sort of split stay with a couple of nights at BWV so that we can walk back after the event.

Second question..... I know the MM events "sell" out very quickly. If I'm online right as they go on "sale" for those with reservations, am I likely to get tickets? Is the limited availability really only applicable to those who do not have reservations?

Does anyone know how transportation works after moonlight magic events? Do the monorails, busses, boats, and skyliner continue to run?
For all MM Events, buses will operate for at least an hour after the end of the event.

For the MK MM Events:
The Resort & Express Monorail lines will operate for at least one hour after the end of the event.​
Unsure if the resort launches from the MK where in use for the MK MM Events in prior years.​

For the Epcot & DHS MM Events, the Friendship Boats will operate for at least one hour after the end of the event.

For the Epcot MM Event, the monorail typically stops operating at around 11 pm. At that point, it will be buses only back to the MK area resorts.

It's unknown if the Skyliner will operate since there has not been a MM event since it opened.

We went to MM in May in EPCOT. Buses were running at least an hour after as thats when we got on.

Do not plan your trip based on MM. A lot of people do that and are disappointed. MM can very difficult to get. If you’re not on there right when tickets open and have a good connection, you may not get tickets. Not trying to scare you or anything just trying to make the point that it is usually pretty difficult. Good luck

Do not plan your trip based on MM. A lot of people do that and are disappointed. MM can very difficult to get. If you’re not on there right when tickets open and have a good connection, you may not get tickets. Not trying to scare you or anything just trying to make the point that it is usually pretty difficult. Good luck
We were travelling then anyways before the MM dates were announced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter