Transferring Reservation to a Travel Agent?

jrask

Earning My Ears
A travel agent was trying to book our cruise, but she couldn't find one with main seating during our desired time period. (A major sticking point because of DS' age.) I looked online and confirmed the same thing. A few days later, I randomly called DCL and found that someone had apparently canceled a reservation and main seating was now available. (Wahoo!) I tried to call the travel agent a couple of time, but no luck. So, I booked the cruise myself rather than watch it slip away.

Is there any advantage to me in allowing the travel agent to take over the reservation? I don't think that I will need any assistance from the travel agent. I realize that the travel agent can nag me to make sure I make my payments on time (but so can my computer/iPhone/etc.)

So, it really comes down to whether I would get an OBC if I allow the travel agent to take hold of the reservation. How does this work?

It will depend on whether the travel agent will give you an OBC for a transferred reservation. My understanding is that most will but it might be less than their normal offers because they may not get the full commission they would earn from DCL if it was a new booking.

Doesn't hurt to shop around and see. Most would like to get any extra OBC they can get.

I will also send you a PM.

It will depend on whether the travel agent will give you an OBC for a transferred reservation. My understanding is that most will but it might be less than their normal offers because they may not get the full commission they would earn from DCL if it was a new booking.

Doesn't hurt to shop around and see. Most would like to get any extra OBC they can get.

I will also send you a PM.

Could you send me a PM too lol Im looking to save/OBC $$$

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter