Trains, Floods and Gigantic Cicadas...Nothing Will Keep Us From WDW!!!

Love the beach at CBR!

That does stink that your DD was too tall for the kiddie area! Sounds like they are very strict about it too... I guess it's good for the little ones so they aren't pushed, shoved and stomped over by a bunch of bigger kids (always a pet peeve of mine at parks) but I highly doubt she would have done any harm there, they should have let her stay! :rolleyes:

I do think it is great that they enforce it, because there isn't anything more irritating than a bunch of big kids running rampant around the tiny ones. She is definitely not aggressive and really small for her age. Jay is currently in swim classes so maybe by next time we go he will want to swim in the big pool. He is big for his age, so he may be too tall for the kiddie pool anyway....:lmao: It was kind of a bummer, though, not being able to all hang out together. :sad2:

Wow, so sorry to hear of your tummy troubles. With the medication that I'm on I deal with issues like that on a daily basis and it's no fun that's for sure. I try not to eat unless I am home where I know I can get to a bathroom in a hurry. It doesn't always happen that way, but thankfully I haven't had any 'accidents' yet. I am hoping that I will be able to go off my meds for our trip to Disney, so I don't have to worry so much.

I've never been on Mission:Space or Spaceship Earth, but they are both on our to-do list for this trip.

Love the big baby pin idea so much, I think I might just have to do something similar on our trip:thumbsup2

The GF food looks delicious, and your resort looks beautiful.

Can't wait to hear more of your TR :)

That is funny that you say that about your meds. I am on a BP med. that I think causes IBS. I also take a Cholesterol lowering med that works the opposite end of the spectrum. So the two together keeps everything evened out, if you get my drift. (I know TMI...:rotfl2:) Well, I went off the Cholesterol meds a week or two before our WDW trip, because I think it is the cause of my heel pain. It cause my joints to be very stiff, too. It really helped for me to be able to get around much more easy in Disney without any pain. I think without it, though, I had the stomach issues with all the rich foods. So long story short, I cannot win for losing!!! :laughing:
I was very apprehensive with eating while on our trip after that first day in MK. :sad2:
I think MS and SE are so much fun and I am sure you guys will, too!!!:thumbsup2
Definitely do the Big Baby pin. It really keeps the kiddos in check. The hubby not so much....:lmao:

Boo to the pool nazi! :lmao:

My nephew loves water. Every time we went back to the hotel, he would continually talk about the pool and whether or not we were going there.

Boo to the pool nazi! :lmao:

My nephew loves water. Every time we went back to the hotel, he would continually talk about the pool and whether or not we were going there.

Yes, definitely boo!

The lil' ones either usually love it or hate it. Glad to hear your nephew loves it!

I noticed you have a couple of TRs going and I am lovin' both of them.

Yes, definitely boo!

The lil' ones either usually love it or hate it. Glad to hear your nephew loves it!

I noticed you have a couple of TRs going and I am lovin' both of them.

My nephew loves it, my niece hates it, so it's like a mixed bag in our family.

Thanks for reading my TRs! I have a few too many going on. :laughing:

Hey girl, sorry I haven't been around for awile. Things been so crazy that it has been hard just keeping up with my own TR.

Don't apologize for milking your TR, I started mine before yours and I am still on day two also. I guess when it is done my trip will officially be over, so I choose to live in the memories as much as I can.:lmao:

I am so sorry that you didn't like your room as much as you could. I loved that our preferred room was so close to everything and think I will have to go for the upgrade everytime now.:confused3

I am sorry to hear about your tummy troubles on your first day. I get GI troubles at least once a week and it is truely horrible. It comes on so fast, my stomach hurts so bad, and I am hoping to find a bathroom fast. It happened just a couple of days ago at the Water Park at Six Flags and was so horrible, I could imagine having to go through it at WDW. I was lucky to not suffer any problems while we were there, though it was a concern of mine since it happens so often.:headache:

My goodness, how dare that Corrine stand you up and not call you back.:mad: Oh wait, that is me.:lmao: We must have just missed each other. I waited at the front of SE (front of line) until 10:30 and than we went inside to wait in the wheel chair entrance. That is probably where we were when you were looking for us. I guess we were doomed to have close calls but no meets this trip.:confused3

I think my son would have rather done some more pool time than Disney at some points. He asked if we could go back to the pool after we left the show at the American Experiance. I told him that we didn't have time because of our dinner reservations and promised we would get more time at the pool.:goodvibes

Can't wait to read more.

A few posts behind...seems like I always am a few posts behind! :laughing:

that stinks about the tummy troubles! There is nothing worse! The Big Baby pin sounds like something my DH would do! That was priceless! And those steaks looked so awesome!! Made me want to jump in and eat one!

I liked Jay's hat...looks familiar....:rolleyes1 Funny how he changed his tune about the souvenir choice! My kids never do such!! (insert a small dose of sarcasm here! :rotfl:)

Finally, the pool nazis were out at POFQ too! And we weren't even swimming, just sitting on a chair! I understand (and am glad) that they control who enters the kiddie area but as a parent of two, I also have used the older one to "supervise" so I can sit and watch...stinks when that gets "taken away" from you! :) Plus it is more fun for two to play together than seperately!

I think I am all caught back up now!

I am a Body Glide addict too! i agree it really works!

Love jay's hat!

that pool is so much fun! we were split up as a family too though. we ended up moving james to the zero entry area later so we could all visit.

Hey girl, sorry I haven't been around for awile. Things been so crazy that it has been hard just keeping up with my own TR.

Don't apologize for milking your TR, I started mine before yours and I am still on day two also. I guess when it is done my trip will officially be over, so I choose to live in the memories as much as I can.:lmao:

I am so sorry that you didn't like your room as much as you could. I loved that our preferred room was so close to everything and think I will have to go for the upgrade everytime now.:confused3

I am sorry to hear about your tummy troubles on your first day. I get GI troubles at least once a week and it is truely horrible. It comes on so fast, my stomach hurts so bad, and I am hoping to find a bathroom fast. It happened just a couple of days ago at the Water Park at Six Flags and was so horrible, I could imagine having to go through it at WDW. I was lucky to not suffer any problems while we were there, though it was a concern of mine since it happens so often.:headache:

My goodness, how dare that Corrine stand you up and not call you back.:mad: Oh wait, that is me.:lmao: We must have just missed each other. I waited at the front of SE (front of line) until 10:30 and than we went inside to wait in the wheel chair entrance. That is probably where we were when you were looking for us. I guess we were doomed to have close calls but no meets this trip.:confused3

I think my son would have rather done some more pool time than Disney at some points. He asked if we could go back to the pool after we left the show at the American Experiance. I told him that we didn't have time because of our dinner reservations and promised we would get more time at the pool.:goodvibes

Can't wait to read more.

I have wondered where you and everyone else has been. I guess life is interrupting their DISlife. :laughing: I remember you saying that you had two kids with stitches. You do have your hands full.

I cannot believe you stood me up!!! :lmao: It was so crazy loud at the parks, I could hardly ever hear my phone.

The tummy troubles were so irritating. I was so looking forward to chowing down, but was scared :scared1: I would pay for it. Not much fun. At least I was able to get around without an EVC....:rotfl2: So I guess it could have been worse.

The pirate rooms were just too far away from all the action. It was nice that it was a themed room, but I need something a little closer next time and an actual mattress so I can get some good sleep and try to recoup from the exhaustion of the parks. We will probably do a Preferred room from now on, too.

The pool was a huge hit with both my kiddos this time, too. We had a whole week of swimming after our Disney trip when we went to Ft. Myers Beach after our trip. Luckily, the condo by the beach had fabulous mattress and I got caught up on my sleep before returning home and the kids got to do a bunch of swimming. We only did 2 days at the pool in Disney.

So glad to hear from you! Cannot wait to read more on your TR, as well. popcorn::

A few posts behind...seems like I always am a few posts behind! :laughing:

that stinks about the tummy troubles! There is nothing worse! The Big Baby pin sounds like something my DH would do! That was priceless! And those steaks looked so awesome!! Made me want to jump in and eat one!

I liked Jay's hat...looks familiar....:rolleyes1 Funny how he changed his tune about the souvenir choice! My kids never do such!! (insert a small dose of sarcasm here! :rotfl:)

Finally, the pool nazis were out at POFQ too! And we weren't even swimming, just sitting on a chair! I understand (and am glad) that they control who enters the kiddie area but as a parent of two, I also have used the older one to "supervise" so I can sit and watch...stinks when that gets "taken away" from you! :) Plus it is more fun for two to play together than seperately!

I think I am all caught back up now!
I totally know what you mean about being behind. This summer has been very busy and quite hectic. I feel I am need of a vacation again. :rotfl2:

You have to LOVE :love: sibling rivalry. The grass is always greener on my daughter's side according to my son. :laughing:

They really enforce the rules at the pools. I do like to have my DD around to help keep an eye on my DS. It was a really bummer, but I guess it is good that the lifeguards care and pay attention.

I am a Body Glide addict too! i agree it really works!

Love jay's hat!

that pool is so much fun! we were split up as a family too though. we ended up moving james to the zero entry area later so we could all visit.

Body Glide ROCKS! I endured blisters the last two trip and was getting nervous about it until someone recommended it on my PTR. That stuff saved my feet. They were tired at the end of the day, but NO blisters....:cool1:

Jay has not wore that hat since that day. Uuuggghh! For $20 bucks I should dig it out and make him wear it some more. :rotfl2:

Jay :lovestruc:love::lovestruc the kiddie pirate pool. My DH said it was like pulling teeth to get him to leave and join us in the big pool. I guess that qualified him for the Big Baby pin. I wish I would have remembered that at the time. I would have made him wear it at dinner....:lmao:

Sorry to hear about your stomach issues! It is good that you slept in the next day.

And it is good to hear that body glide works for blisters! I will have to try that next time.

Sounds like you had a good day at Epcot, followed by some fun at CBR! Though I can't believe the lifeguard was measuring everyone. I understand why they have the policy, and that the lifeguard was doing his job, but it is too bad you all didn't get to stay together.

Sorry to hear about your stomach issues! It is good that you slept in the next day.

And it is good to hear that body glide works for blisters! I will have to try that next time.

Sounds like you had a good day at Epcot, followed by some fun at CBR! Though I can't believe the lifeguard was measuring everyone. I understand why they have the policy, and that the lifeguard was doing his job, but it is too bad you all didn't get to stay together.

Yes, the tummy troubles weren't any fun at all! We didn't mean to sleep so late, but we were bushed.

You will definitely have to give Body Glide a try. That stuff is amazing! I couldn't even believe that it worked so wonderfully.

It was good that the lifeguards take their job seriously there! Next time we go, DS will probably be tall for it, too, though. So no worries.
Thanks for reading along!

That is funny that you say that about your meds. I am on a BP med. that I think causes IBS. I also take a Cholesterol lowering med that works the opposite end of the spectrum. So the two together keeps everything evened out, if you get my drift. (I know TMI...:rotfl2:) Well, I went off the Cholesterol meds a week or two before our WDW trip, because I think it is the cause of my heel pain. It cause my joints to be very stiff, too. It really helped for me to be able to get around much more easy in Disney without any pain. I think without it, though, I had the stomach issues with all the rich foods. So long story short, I cannot win for losing!!! :laughing:
I was very apprehensive with eating while on our trip after that first day in MK. :sad2:
I think MS and SE are so much fun and I am sure you guys will, too!!!:thumbsup2
Definitely do the Big Baby pin. It really keeps the kiddos in check. The hubby not so much....:lmao:

Wow, I guess you can't win for losing :( I would be leery about eating too, after an episode like that.
The big baby pin is on my list, I think it's a wonderful idea!:thumbsup2
I have purchased Body Glide as well, I've read so much positive comments about it here I had to pick it up!

We played at the pool for about 2 hours and then we decided to go back to our room and rest up before our ADRs at Olivia's Cafe.

DH decided to take another way back to our room. We went through the gift shop and of course, I had to do a little shopping. :rolleyes1 I found a pink Minnie Mouse sun visor. After we were done checking out we continued to bus stop number #1. On our way there (which is only a few steps out from the gift shop) we discovered that Jay wasn't with us.....:eek: We literally ran back through the doors of the gift shop and saw Jay running frantically around looking for us. We called his name and he looked SO relieved! I was also relieved. I was in PANIC mode and couldn't believe we misplaced him for even a nano second....
I thought it was a good time to explain to him that if that ever happened again that he was to go to the nearest CM and tell them his name and wait with them until we were reunited. VERY SCARY!!!! :scared1:

We ended up getting right on a bus at bus stop #1 and took it to bus stop # 6 which was right in front of our building. SCORE! :thumbsup2
Ventured back to our room and showered and then we all napped for an hour then got up and freshened up a bit and were off to our ADRs at Olivia's Cafe in Old Key West.

I LOVED this place! I really hadn't hear much about this restaurant, but definitely think it is a hidden gem. The food was so delicious and one of the best meals we had in WDW.

Here's some pics of our night.

Even though, the rest of us got a nap.....Kay did not. She quietly played her DS at the table while we rested.
Jay got a nap but he was very giddy at this dinner, as was Kay. Mike and I kept commenting on how 'slap happy' they seemed. I knew the trip was starting to take it's toll on them and they were utterly exhausted.
Just look at these faces!

IMG_2067.jpg

They were on the verge on insanity....

This restaurant was very quaint and had a very homey feel. It seemed like a little Mom and Pop place in a beach town. Our waitress was so down to earth and seemed like a distant relative. It felt very inviting and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Here is the bread they served at the beginning of the meal.
It was pineapple bread and sorry about it being half eaten. It was so scrumptious and we had already indulged before I even thought about the camera.

IMG_2068.jpg

DH had a BBQd pork chop with homeade mac n' cheese and spinach.
IMG_2069.jpg

I had chicken fried chicken with white gravy, mashed potatoes and green beans. Something everyone needs to know about vacation; calories DO NOT count....(Hubs and I switched our veggies. He is not a fan of spinach, but I love both so thought I would oblige ;))

IMG_2071.jpg

While we were eating our dinner, the lovely waitress brought out more of that yummy bread. Here is a better pic!

IMG_2072.jpg

Can anyone guess what the kiddos chose for their dinner????.....Yes, you guessed it cheese pizza. My kids are going to turn into a cheese pizza on this trip. :headache:

IMG_2073.jpg

(The look on Jay's face is priceless. I tell you he was going crazy at this dinner. :laughing:)​

Here is a pic of Kay going insane. :rotfl: I look kind of nutty myself and why am I STILL wearing the Big Baby pin??? I think I was the only one who wore it on this whole trip and I know I wasn't the only baby.....:rotfl2:

IMG_20110530_201907.jpg

For dessert I had the most flavorful warm banana bread pudding with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. This dessert just melted in your mouth. I would have bathed in this stuff. YUM! The warm sauce over top was to die for.

IMG_2074.jpg

Kay had the 'make your own sundae'

IMG_2075.jpg

Of course, Jay had the same. The only difference he just had chocolate syrup.

IMG_2077.jpg

Hubs had the chocolate cake. He said it would have been a lot better with out the sprinkles. He is not a fan of sprinkles. :confused3

IMG_2076.jpg

After we were done eating we stopped by the gift shop off the cafe and picked up some post cards to mail back home for family, friends and such. I think DH and Jay picked out a magnet or something and then we were out of there.

All in all this is a beautiful timeshare resort and an awesome restaurant. I would go back here in a heart beat. I almost felt like I need to sign up to stay here always. I was in :love:!!!

Back to our room to get ready for bed. We had a BIG day at DHS planned the next day.

Disney Hollywood Studios up next, stay tuned! popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

I gotta say I'm loving your trip report:lovestruc
Your dessert looks so delicious!!!
I told Dh about the big baby pin and he agrees that we should do that too:thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about your DHS day!!

I have heard little of Olivia's Cafe but that food looks so good!! That place may need to go on my short list. We have friends that have Key West as their DVC home resort and adore it! I would rather my tired kids slap-happy giddy than screaming any day!! :laughing:

I gotta say I'm loving your trip report:lovestruc
Your dessert looks so delicious!!!
I told Dh about the big baby pin and he agrees that we should do that too:thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about your DHS day!!

Awww! Thanks MARSMama! That means a lot to me. I am living it again while I report it.
That banana pudding was so good. I am craving it, right now! :laughing:
Someone said that you can buy the Big Baby pin on ebay. If you get it, let me know.

I just started reading your report and I'm hooked! So far it seems like you guys had a great trip :)

:welcome: Glad you found my TR. We did have a fabulous trip. There were a few wrenches thrown in the plan, but all in all it was a great trip!

I have heard little of Olivia's Cafe but that food looks so good!! That place may need to go on my short list. We have friends that have Key West as their DVC home resort and adore it! I would rather my tired kids slap-happy giddy than screaming any day!! :laughing:

Definitely put it on your short list! You will not be disappointed.
DH and I have played with the idea of getting into the DVC. It is pretty pricey, though. We would definitely have to save up. OKW is so beautiful, though. I truly didn't want to leave. It gives off wonderful vibes there.
You are correct about kids being giddy, slap happy and giggly is so much better than screaming and crying.

So was the pork chop juicypopcorn:: I didn't see the the chicken on the menu. It all looks delish. Did you drive over? Great report.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter