• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Train Station to Disneyland

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
I will be arriving in Anaheim via Amtrak (as it is much, much, much, much cheaper than an airplane -- $17 vs. $159 (with a stop and a layover) and was wondering how I can get from the train station to Disneyland? Are there taxi's or shuttles from there? How far from the train station is Disneyland? How much will it cost to get from the train station to Disneyland?

Hi Terk-1....

The train stations is 10 mins or less from the Disneyland Resort. My kids take the train to San Diego almost twice a month, so we're down there a lot. Everytime I'm there I see taxis, so I don't think you'll have a problem getting a ride to the parks. I don't know how much it would be to take a taxi.

The only time Ive heard that getting transport out of the station was hard is when they had some huge event at the stadium dump at the same time their train arrived-

Other than that they said that its pretty economical to get a taxi to DL..

-em

We're planning to do this in September too. Someone on this board told me $10 for a taxi to the disney resorts.

Looked online for a flight from San Diego to Anaheim and there were no non-stops, the flight times would be the same (if not longer) than the train, and the fares were coming up at like $159 and above. I don't mind taking the train for 2 hours, especially at $17! I just wanted to make sure I could get from the train station to the hotel.

Do I need to book a taxi ahead of time or is there usually taxi's there waiting?

Thanks again!

A taxi from John Wayne to Disneyland was only $30, and it is further away than the Amtrak stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter