~Train Hits Car...Right Down The Street From Me!~

Beverly has more train crossings than any other city in MA. My Mom lives right near the depot so we appreciate that they've stopped the whistles. Do you know which crossing this happened at? I can't figure out which one doesn't have a gate. It amazes me that people think they are faster than a train. That woman was SO lucky!

Sorry to hear about your daughter's friends.

zippeedee said:
Beverly has more train crossings than any other city in MA. My Mom lives right near the depot so we appreciate that they've stopped the whistles. Do you know which crossing this happened at? I can't figure out which one doesn't have a gate. It amazes me that people think they are faster than a train. That woman was SO lucky!

It was the North Beverly crossing. There are gates there but they only block the right side of the road. She accidently went down the left side of the road around the median strip & the gate was not blocking her from crossing the tracks. She said she didn't see the train or the blinking red lights.

zippeedee said:

yes, in North Beverly.she must have been coming down Brimbal Ave up by Nicks Roast Beef...at that light she went left and down the track instead! there is no gate on that side! so I can see where that could happen pretty easyly!
I can think of something that has happened at every track/rode area in Beverly!

Thanks, that makes sense. The gate on that side is across the track. It is a confusing intersection if you aren't used to it. I almost ended up on the wrong side trying to get into Nick's Roast Beef from the Brimbal Ave side a couple of weeks ago, and I grew up near there.
I still think its amazing how many North Shore/Beverly people are here on the DIS.
I hope you'll all be at the next meet at Jake Ivories.

zippeedee said:
Thanks, that makes sense. The gate on that side is across the track. It is a confusing intersection if you aren't used to it. I almost ended up on the wrong side trying to get into Nick's Roast Beef from the Brimbal Ave side a couple of weeks ago, and I grew up near there.
I still think its amazing how many North Shore/Beverly people are here on the DIS.
I hope you'll all be at the next meet at Jake Ivories.
I have lived in Beverly my whole life! Did you go to Beverly High?

disneyworld! said:
I have lived in Beverly my whole life! Did you go to Beverly High?

Yes, class of 76! We had red white and blue tassels for the bicentennial. Oh that makes me feel old!

zippeedee said:
Yes, class of 76! We had red white and blue tassels for the bicentennial. Oh that makes me feel old!
me...Class of 1979. I grew up in Ryal side! I wonder if I know you? any brothers or Sisters?

disneyworld! said:
me...Class of 1979. I grew up in Ryal side! I wonder if I know you? any brothers or Sisters?

My only brother is way older, he was in the class of '58!
I grew up in Goat Hill, right across the water from you.
Patti

I didn't grow up in Beverly but DH graduated from BHS in 83. It's a small world afterall... :earboy2:

Yikes! Glad that woman was okay, but very sad about your daughter and her friends. One of my best friends from college grew up in Beverly, the Haviland family. Thank goodness there's been any any train tragedy in their family!

allshookup said:
I didn't grow up in Beverly but DH graduated from BHS in 83. It's a small world afterall... :earboy2:

my sister graduated from Beverly in 83! and my other sister...84...hummmm

DO You Beleive a second Car/Train accident in Beverly AGAIN today!!!!! 2 in 2 days!!! no one hurt...

Yes I heard! It was on Channel 7 news that Beverly has the most train accidents in the state. I hope there is something they can do to make these crossings safer short of blowing the horns 200 times a day. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter