Trails End - Ft Wilderness

newholiday

<font color=000099>Tomorrow is ME day<br><font col
How are the diff buffets?
Seem very reasonably priced

I have had both the breakfast and the dinner buffets, both are very good. The breakfast is very reasonable. Nothing onsite can be categorized as cheap but the breakfast buffet there is as close as it comes

Dinner is yummy. Fried chicken, corn-on-the-cob, dinner rolls, salad, lots of sides. It's one of the best bargains at WDW.

the breakfast has a slightly smaller selection than the more expensive buffets,think it was just bacon and sausage for meats when we went. mickey waffles, eggs premade ( do not think you can get omletes but never tried !) pancakes and french toast, usual cold and hot cereals,pastry,ect...the very best breakfast pizza imo as it is on a biscuit like crust rather than pizza like crust. great bargain and good food...and we always go for at least one meal( breakfast last time ) comparable bargain is whispering canyon allyou can eat breakfast skillet...but do not think that includes drinks like TE does

but this is on our list for the summer.....so many good reviews of the buffet - I LOVE THE DIS boards. I can't wait to try it.

We find the food there so yummy and the people are so friendly. Bob was awsome. The prices are better that any other buffet on site. It's a quick boat ride from the MK and a great escape from the parks. WL is our favorite resort and it's a quick trip over for any meal.

Jordans' mom

Can you get to Trails End directly by boat?

or do you have to go to the main lodge, then by bus over to the campgrounds to get to the Trails End?

GOldi

You can take the boat directly to it. Trails End is located at the rear of the resort near bay lake and is a short walk from the dock.

Just ate there a few days ago.
You can't beat the price for the food.
We all loved it.
We had choices of ribs (same as HDDR) fried chicken, salmon, pork loin,salad bar, pizza, ravioli, grilled veggies, 2 soups and apple cobbler and bread pudding for desserts. You can dump some wonderful warm vanilla sauce with warm strawberries on top of your bread pudding. It was heavenly!
Everyone was happy eating there.

Just wanted to chime in that the lunch buffet at Trail's End is very good too. If you go during the week and have annual passes, you get 10% off too. Good value, good food and a nice escape from the parks. VERY friendly castmembers too. Enjoy! :)

we're staying at the VWL - MIL is hoping to board her dog at FW
So we'll be there twice a day anyways
Figure we may as well really check out Ft Wilderness while we're there
thanks

We have had lunch and dinner there. Great food and very reasonably priced. Nothing fancy, just good and hearty food. We try to eat there once a trip.

We liked Trail's End so much,we're having our welcome party for our wedding there. You can't beat 15.95 for dinner when you walk out as stuffed as you will get.
however, if memoryserves me, they do not take PS's.

~ Chris

We are going in June and would like to try this restaurant; we're stay at the AKL - what is the easiest way to get there from Magic Kingdom?

Originally posted by HamHam
We are going in June and would like to try this restaurant; we're stay at the AKL - what is the easiest way to get there from Magic Kingdom?

I think the boat from MK to FW only runs about 1/ 2 pre park opening but there is also a boat from the Contemporary and WL that go to Fw. we went for an early Breakfast in Jan and the MK bus driver took us to the contemp. it was long before park opening and only 3 families were on the bus, one going to CRT,one to chef Mickey and us to trail's end. he might have dropped us off there if we had mentioned it but we wanted to take the boat for old times sake anyway!( plus much faster thatn the bus to FW) we just asked him how to get to the contem. from mk ( faked dumbness, not all that hard to do hehe) and he offered to take us..very nice of him ! it used to be 2 different boats, one to MK and one that went to the 3 resorts & I think it still is.

No, they do not take PS. You usually don't need them, unless you go at a really peak time (maybe around 6:00 for dinner). Then, you can wait on the front porch and have a drink from Crockett's tavern!

There is never a wait for breakfast or lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter