Traditions?

mrd7896

Mouseketeer
There may be a thread already about this and i apologize if there is, can you point me in that direction.

something has to keep me sane until my next trip so i was thinking, since we are all disney nuts here are there any traditions you or your family partake in either pre-travel or during your stay? I don't necessarily mean like a "oh every time we HAVE to dine at Sci-Fi" or "those mickey bars are so great we get them every year"

but more unique and specific to your family? something that'll always remind you of Disney?

when i was a child my dad and i would have our own countdown to our trips, we cut construction paper of all colors into strips, would write numbers on each one and then taped them into donut holes in a long chain. We would attach it to a reachable area throughout our house and run it around our whole main floor. Every morning when i would get up for school i would come downstairs and rip off the next number.
there was nothing more exciting than when that chain got down to a few more donut holes and our next trip was approaching

i will definitely keep that tradition running with my children as well.

even now that my family doesn't consist of children any more, my very talented brother made a countdown with wooden tiles and presented it as a gift to our dad a few years back..so the countdown lives on!

Not Disney related but relevant to going on holiday to Florida as a kid.....pirates cove mini golf! When it comes to the parks, my family insisted I had a photo with Buzz Lightyear to see my progression in height 😂

We take our pic in the same place every year, the kids are in the same order its really great seeing how much they have grown.. if i could start over i would have had them hold up a sign with the month and year kinda like you do for the first day of school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter