• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Trading resort points - question on method

Sepo

11-3-2016 12:47 a.m.
We have VGF points and are considering trading at a 1:1 rate for Aulani points for planning a future vacation, perhaps 2019.

If we were to find a willing trade partner, seems we can only trade in/out once per year. So, if I understand correctly, one of the parties would have to trust the other to make reservations accordingly for the other, etc.

If this is all correct so far, (edited) I suppose I could slightly alter the one of many cash DVC sample contracts, though the forfeiture parts will be wonky since full “payment” will already have been received in the form of the already transferred points.

Also, do folks ever use escrow or other means to assure good faith?

Last edited:
We have VGF points and are considering trading at a 1:1 rate for Aulani points for planning a future vacation, perhaps 2019.

If we were to find a willing trade partner, seems we can only trade in/out once per year. So, if I understand correctly, one of the parties would have to trust the other to make reservations accordingly for the other, etc.

If this is all correct so far, (edited) I suppose I could slightly alter the one of many cash DVC sample contracts, though the forfeiture parts will be wonky since full “payment” will already have been received in the form of the already transferred points.

Also, do folks ever use escrow or other means to assure good faith?
In this situation just "renting" from the other makes the most sense. Otherwise just rent your points and then do a private rental would be the best option for most. The only way I'd fool with this is if you have some type of friend or acquaintance you're comfortable working with. I wouldn't do so just out on the open marker. Remember that you limit your market for the Aulani reservation to a dramatically smaller group doing it this way and you make it 10 times more complicated. Then you've got the issue what if the other party changes their mind later in some way.

Are you certain your intended Aulani stay won't be available at 7-months? Could you be flexible with unit size or view to increase your 7-month opportunity? Sure seems that booking at 7mos would be far easier than working a direct trade or rental.

Another option could be to get transfers in different UY years so you transfer your 2017 points and receive a transfer of 2018 points.

That way it can be done in one transaction or phone call.

Another option could be to get transfers in different UY years so you transfer your 2017 points and receive a transfer of 2018 points.

That way it can be done in one transaction or phone call.
And those 2017 Transferred points could be banked after receipt

And those 2017 Transferred points could be banked after receipt

That depends if the UY if those points. If they are April, June, august, September, October or December then they certainly can. April UY has a banking deadline of 11/30

All other UY’s can’t unless MS give you an exception.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter