Tracking down 1960s park souvenir

newsymustang

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to track down a set of dolls sold at Disneyland in the early 60s, probably between 1961-1963. My mother remembers going there when she was 8 or 9 and seeing a beautiful set of Hansel & Gretel dolls that her parents told her she couldn't have (they were getting ready to move overseas). We're going to DisneyWorld for the first time ever this year to celebrate her beating cancer, and I thought this would be a sweet gift -- *if* I can track them down for sale anywhere. Does anyone have any advice on where to even start looking?

That actually sounded familiar to me- I had the Madame Alexander Hansel and Gretel set when i was a kid, and I remember seeing them at WDW when I was a kid too. I just googled "Hansel and Gretel collector dolls" and looked through the shopping tab and images. I actually found the ones I had on Etsy just now, but it says they were from the early 70's, not the 60's. Good luck, that would be so nice if you could find those for her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter