TR w/4000+ Pics/Disney on Ice w/184 Pics!!

Thanx Michele!!

So I just got off the phone with a wonderful lady that was responding to my email I sent explaining all of this. She did some leg work & got a lot of the same answers....then she went to the restaurant managers for the different character meals. After explaining things, she was told there would be no charge for either girl. They also said that Disney Dining is told to respond the way they did.

When I make the PS for the meals (end of May!! :scared1: ), I'm to email this gal back with date, time & restaurant & she'll contact all the managers who will note the reservation (or something like that).

This was way more than what I was looking for & has definately restored my faith in *+*+*+*pixie dust*+*+*+*!!! :cloud9:

When I read this I got goose bumpies and tears in my eyes, I AM SO HAPPY you got this all figured out, much love to all you guys! :hug: :woohoo:

Yay! I'm glad you got everything figured out and it worked out for the best.

...also, I think some people are mean just to get a response from people.

Yay! I'm glad you got everything figured out and it worked out for the best.

...also, I think some people are mean just to get a response from people.

Thank you!

I actually told the CM I'm working with on this & she found the statement from that gal to be extremely rude & inappropriate.....for heaven's sake, children with disabilities have just as much right to be there as anyone else!! Besides we would have 5 paying adults & 2 paying children......I think they'll get their money's worth from us...... :rotfl:

Thanx Michele!!

So I just got off the phone with a wonderful lady that was responding to my email I sent explaining all of this. She did some leg work & got a lot of the same answers....then she went to the restaurant managers for the different character meals. After explaining things, she was told there would be no charge for either girl. They also said that Disney Dining is told to respond the way they did.

When I make the PS for the meals (end of May!! :scared1: ), I'm to email this gal back with date, time & restaurant & she'll contact all the managers who will note the reservation (or something like that).

This was way more than what I was looking for & has definately restored my faith in *+*+*+*pixie dust*+*+*+*!!! :cloud9:

YAYAYAYAY!!!! AHH I am so happy for you! Disney, you came through again.

So our refund should be here on Friday....but I'm having serious thoughts about not booking right away since we're having major behavioral issues with our 4 & 8 yr old. I just don't feel like awarding them for lying, stealing & cussing........ mom is in desperate need of some "me" time!!! :eek:

Hi from Salem!!:thumbsup2

I'm enjoying reading your PTR. I'm glad to hear you got some help for eating out with your twins! (they are so cute!) I feel your pain. My mom has been a foster mother to a girl for over ten years. Ellen is very disabled, i don't know all that is wrong but she's blind, you have to hand feed her, and change her diapers. We just love her! She loves going to Disneyland. But polities has changed over the years. they used to have a spacial pass for rides so they don't have wait, Waiting can be hard on some people with disabilities. Then we discovered Disney World! they are Great! They still have that pass, too. A CM come over and asked my mom if ellen wanted something to drink! It's been a while since we took ellen to Disneyland hopefully they have the pass again. I would ask when you get there at City Hall.

This is Ellen at Disney World 2008
Picture241.jpg

Blind Ellen waiting to a 3D Show :rotfl2:. I love this pic of her. She was having a great time.
Picture242.jpg

My DS and I hope to go to Disneyland this year, IF I did my taxes right!! I had to mail them in because of a form I had, So who knows how long I will have to wait!

Can't wait to read more!popcorn::

Hi from Salem!!:thumbsup2

I'm enjoying reading your PTR. I'm glad to hear you got some help for eating out with your twins! (they are so cute!) I feel your pain. My mom has been a foster mother to a girl for over ten years. Ellen is very disabled, i don't know all that is wrong but she's blind, you have to hand feed her, and change her diapers. We just love her! She loves going to Disneyland. But polities has changed over the years. they used to have a spacial pass for rides so they don't have wait, Waiting can be hard on some people with disabilities. Then we discovered Disney World! they are Great! They still have that pass, too. A CM come over and asked my mom if ellen wanted something to drink! It's been a while since we took ellen to Disneyland hopefully they have the pass again. I would ask when you get there at City Hall.

This is Ellen at Disney World 2008
Picture241.jpg

Blind Ellen waiting to a 3D Show :rotfl2:. I love this pic of her. She was having a great time.
Picture242.jpg

My DS and I hope to go to Disneyland this year, IF I did my taxes right!! I had to mail them in because of a form I had, So who knows how long I will have to wait!

Can't wait to read more!popcorn::

Disneyland is dropping the ball if they are no longer offering it. I understand why in some ways why they might consider tightening the restrictions but getting rid of it? Bad, bad, Disneyland.:mad:

MikesMom....thank you so much for posting those pics!! Disneyland does offer the Guest Assistance Card that is stamped to fit the person using it. We got one last year for the twins for our very short trip. It was stamped to use our stroller as a wheelchair & could enter thru the handicapped entrances & take the stroller into places that normally you couldn't. This doesn't always cut the wait time.....but as I understood....that could be one of the things stamped on your card....when a person is unable to wait for long periods of time. Don't give up on DL.....I think they'd be accomidating!

Glad you've joined in our PTR!!!

Courtney......things have gone from bad to worse with our 8 yr old son. He's stealing from other family members, lying, showing up late to school (that's the new one today), arguing with us, etc. I'm also concerned about some health issues...thankfully we have a doctor appt tomorrow evening which I hope will enlighten me on what to do next. Thank you for your concern!! :hug:

Michele...thank you as well!! It's nice to know I have a support system here.....I lack adult conversation during the long days & this is where I turn!!! :flower3:

MikesMom....thank you so much for posting those pics!! Disneyland does offer the Guest Assistance Card that is stamped to fit the person using it. We got one last year for the twins for our very short trip. It was stamped to use our stroller as a wheelchair & could enter thru the handicapped entrances & take the stroller into places that normally you couldn't. This doesn't always cut the wait time.....but as I understood....that could be one of the things stamped on your card....when a person is unable to wait for long periods of time. Don't give up on DL.....I think they'd be accomidating!

Glad you've joined in our PTR!!!

Courtney......things have gone from bad to worse with our 8 yr old son. He's stealing from other family members, lying, showing up late to school (that's the new one today), arguing with us, etc. I'm also concerned about some health issues...thankfully we have a doctor appt tomorrow evening which I hope will enlighten me on what to do next. Thank you for your concern!! :hug:

Michele...thank you as well!! It's nice to know I have a support system here.....I lack adult conversation during the long days & this is where I turn!!! :flower3:

I understand totally. When my kids were little Scotty worked grave shift so I not only did I lack adult conversation but I had to keep the kids quiet enough for Scotty to be able to sleep. Oh my I do no miss those days at all.

That's Great! I know the last time we were there, there were more then a couple of us in line to get a GAC but they didn't have them. I felt SO bad for the lady in front of me. Her DD really needed it. Maybe they saw that was a BAD idea and started using them again!! I haven't give up on DL, WDW is just addicting!:lmao: too bad airfare is so much. I'm trying to put a trip together for this summer to DL. Sadly no Ellen. I can't take her without my mom. She just too much work alone.

A friend of mine goes to DL annually, and she gets the handicap pass for her son each time. I was told by one of the CMs on our last trip, that the passes were not supposed to be used as "front of the line" passes, just to give an alternate boarding area to rides. However, my friend who gets them, said they are front of the line passes (which they should be).

I'm so glad everything worked out w/ the dining after all. I was getting mad as I read through your posts, to hear how strict they were being. I can't wait to read further. Where can I find your TR from last yr?

:cool1::banana: Called the HoJo today & made our reservation!!! :banana::cool1:

Arriving July 25 & departing Aug 3
Building 1, Facing Disney
Premium Room with 2 queen beds
Requested 2 cribs & adjoining rooms....since our family is so big & will have to be split between 2 rooms
AP Rate of 20% off & if by chance a better AP rate comes up...they will adjust our ressie!!!!!

Woo Hoo!!!! Very excited about getting this done!!!!

:cool1::banana: Called the HoJo today & made our reservation!!! :banana::cool1:

Arriving July 25 & departing Aug 3
Building 1, Facing Disney
Premium Room with 2 queen beds
Requested 2 cribs & adjoining rooms....since our family is so big & will have to be split between 2 rooms
AP Rate of 20% off & if by chance a better AP rate comes up...they will adjust our ressie!!!!!

Woo Hoo!!!! Very excited about getting this done!!!!

:yay::yay:Yay!!!:yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter