TR: DisneyQuest (Is it worth the money?) Find Out Here.

mr.doom

Earning My Ears
Well I had a free pass to try out DisneyQuest the other day, so I went. My Quest was to see if this place is worth 30 bucks are not. Keep in mind I am a Video game Fanatic who owns a playstation and a N64.

The best part of Disney Quest I did that day was the Elevator ride. Its not a ride, but when you enter DQ you take this up to the 3rd floor. The Genie from aladen apperes like magic right next to you. This is the only Disney Magic I felt at Disney Quest. The Rest of Disney Quest is just your average arcade. The first thing I did was Cyber Space Mountain. Creating the coaster was fun, but riding it is very unpleasent. I am a coaster nut who has ridden almost every famous coaster in Florida like 20 times. But this coaster is just crapy. I guess its because you feel no G's. Like if you go through a bunny hop on a hyper coaster you jump out of your seat. On Cyber Space Mt. You just pitch up and down with no feeling. And going upside down is a pain in this thing. Its a slow 360 degree turn that leaves all your weight on your shoulders. The main thing is that I did not feel like I was riding a roller coaster. So I was very disapointed with Cyber Space Mt. Creating the coaster was more fun then riding. I rather be on the real space mt any day.

The next thing I did was the Aladin carpet ride. I dont know those big huge VR helmets they put on you always distract me. Their just to heavey. So I always loose the feel of bing in a virtual world. The Graphics a really good, but their is no point to this game then just to collect dimands, the same thing with Ride the Comix, another VR heavy helmet, and the whole point to the game is to swing your sword back in forth. No skill is required so this game is pointless.

I next did the Jungle Cruise, and this is another disapointment. Their is no reason to use your paddles, because its like they do nothing. I never felt I had control of the boat. All I did was stop paddling mid way throw and the river carred me around. I was moving with out even paddling. The only thing I liked was the up and down motions by the airpad.

I then did Pirates of the Carabiean, and this is the best ride in the place. This was the only thing beside the elevator that had a little disney Magic. The ride like Spiderman is I 3D and the ship you are on Pitches up and down. The ride even is complete with the Sound track to the ride at the Magic Kingdom. The best part is being the Captain, and actually being able to drive the ship. Its a difer experience each time on this thing. And the cannons fire great. I love driving write up next to a ship and blowing them out of the water. This is the one thing a Disney Quest that has a point to it.

I next did the Buzz lightyear bummper cars to some disapointment. This thing has no point to it. You drive around in the most bulkyest, slowest moving bumper cars of all time, and shoot balls at the other cars windows to score points? No to make the other car Spin. No scoring is kept so their is no winner. So their is no point. Buzz and the MIB rides have points so their fun. This does not. This thing needs a rehab. The track is way to small. It like your just driving in circles around in a two foot radius.

I next did the create zone, which sould be called the money zone, because after paying 30 bucks they want more. I did the Music creator, which was a disapointment. I thought you will be able to sing the Lyrics with your own voice. Wrong-o, some recording sings the song while you just pick the lyrics and music. Then you pay 12 bucks for the the one song CD you just made. I then did the animation class it was OK. Again its like 6 bucks for the picture you just drawn, with some of the hardest digitle pins ever. The Create a toy is cool, but it costs money. I then headed to the arcade.

The first thing you see in the arcade is the Mighty Ducks Pin Ball slam. This is the worst attraction in the whole place. About half the people playing left half way through the game because it sucks so much. I thought would control the flippers like in an actual pin ball game. No you control the little pucks by moving your feet, and the controls to this game is horrible. Its so bad that a little for year old who left in the middle of the game had a higher score then I did. And I stayed the whole game. This thing needs to be torn out.

The Arcade next to Pirates is the other good thing at DQ. Every Arcade game is on free play, its a dream come true. Daytona 500 is a blast, and Finaly got to play those famous Star Wars Arcade games that cost a dollar a play at regular arcades. I must of played Marvel vs. Capcom for two hours that day. Fun stuff.

Well to sum it up Disney Quest is not worth 30 dollars, I would price it at about 15 dollars. For the money you get the Good with Pirates, the elevator ride, and the Arcade with all the hit games on free play. The bad is everything else which are more graphic demo's then actual games.

I think DQ needs a lazer tag game. I love those things. And with the right touch disney can make it special. Also buzz needs to be reworked, and I wish those big heavey VR helmets were replaced with somthing light like the Pirates Head gear.

My advice to the average family is take that 30 bucks and use it to take one of those disney days over to Islands of Adventure.

Any Questions Just ask

Did they have the old Pac Man, Asteroids, Skee Ball, etc.? How much extra were they charging to play them?

CBR June 2001 :rolleyes:

Welcome to the Dis Mr. Doom. :)
I didnt know about the genie in the elevator. How cool. :D I'm sorry you didnt have a good time. I've never been so I cant comment myself.

hipgrl1.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies
http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

Don't hold back. Be honest...lol

Off-Site 2/92
Coronado Springs 11/98
Swan 3/00
MOWC 7/00
BWV 1/01
Hilton Head Isl DVC 3/01
BWV 11/01

Pac Man, Donkey Kong, and all of the old time favorates are there. They even have the old time Pac Man Arcade machiene that looks like a table. Its the kind of thing thats found in Pizza places in the 80's.

Now, for a totally different opinion! :) I have gone to the Disney Quest here in Chicago (not Orlando) but it's basically the same thing. I have gone four times now, and except for one time when the virtual reality things weren't working quite right for me (and Disney gave me a refund that day) I loved it! I have gone with my husband and teenage son, with my husband and me, and twice now with my husband and another couple. All of us "grown ups" are over 40 and we had a blast in this place! My husband especially LOVES the Alien virutal reality game, where you sit in this "space pod" type thing and save the world. I think he could play that forever. I love the Cheesecake Factory express, best cheesecake in the world. :) Yes, it can get expensive to go to Disney Quest. We have been fortunate in being able to use the MKC for discounts (no more, I guess) and also in finding coupons in our paper to get discounts. But, as far as if I think it's worth it? Yes, I do (and we even take the train into the city to get there!)

Donna

I didn't enjoy our time at DQ but in fairness there was a huge crowd and wait times for anything was terrible - I would give it one more try. Thanks for posting!

Will a 40 something novice to most arcade games made after the pizza table pacman,enjoy Quest????
I was looking forward to this as the only video games I've played are Pong [the original] and Pacman ans Ms Pacman. I thought I might get a taste of whats new!!

dd1.jpg
10008744.jpg

The first time I went was because my then 12 year old video junkie son couldn't wait to try it out. We both fell in love with it and stayed the entire day. My son is now 14 (I'm 50) and we schedule an entire day for DQ. I was interested in the old video games (PacMan, Ms. PacMan, DigDug, BurgerTime, Centipede, Frogger) but loved the VR games. This past trip (2 weeks ago) I tried many of the new games.

I tried several of the animation classes and really enjoyed learning to draw the disney characters.

I also like the food and must have dessert while I'm hanging out.

It is expensive but last summer we ended up buying annual passes to DQ since we spend so much time there.

Carolyn

Tact - A keen
sense of what to do or
say in order to maintain
good relations with
others or avoid offense.

Webster's Dictionary

I do think DQ is worth it. Its worth it for about 15 bucks. If there is ever a discount at this place for under 20 bucks then go. But for 30 dollars, I think a tourest would have a better time visiting a Sea world, or a Universal, then spending a day at DQ. Now if they build a DQ in your City like the one in Chicago, its worth it, because that is the only place that up north that has the Disney Magic feel, besides the Disney store that is in most malls.

I think the best way to use DQ is for Birthday Parties. Its a better version of Chucky Cheese. Its just the money Thing, that keeps me away.

But I do think it costs like 13 dollars after 10 pm on Saturdays. Thats 3 hours for 13 bucks. The Only problem is the place is packed on Saturday nights.

I went to DQ on a Tuesday and everything had a wait of nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter