Toys R Us Military Appreciation Weekend

Chim Chiminy

stale marshmallows sting when they hit you
I posted this on the budget board as well.

Just wanted to post a heads up on this.

Toys R Us is having an event for military families on November 5 and 6.
My husband just sent me a pdf copy of the flyer, of course I have no idea how I would post that!

Anyways, Sunday November 6 it says it a Private Shopping Night from 6-8pm. It says at all Toys R Us locations.
I know people who have gone in the past and say it is a more relaxing event, not as crowded and they have raffles, games and activities for the families.
It doesn't say what will go on on Nov. 5, it just states that it it Military Appreciation Weekend.

Does the flyer say anything about retired Military being eligible?

Nope.

If you have questions, I would suggest calling your nearest Toys R Us and talking to a manager or if you are near a base, call MWR.

That said, a lot of times when there are discounts offered to military (museums comes to mind!) the people checking IDs don't know the difference between retired, active or dependent.

I am not sure if they check ID for this event, but do know that the hours listed for the Sunday event are after regular hours.

We did this last year, and it was really relaxing to shop while there was almost no one in the store. They had lots of snacks set out, and sodas and had raffles and door prizes. I won a CD/Stero player. I don't remember any deep discounts, although they did give me a game for free when I bought DS's Shrek Gameboy SP.
We won't be going to this year's event...because we are leaving for WDW on the 5th! :cheer2:

I would call too as a lot of the promotions that are run specify active duty military and their dependents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter