Toy Story Land - Disappointment

DisneyHolidayFan

DIS Veteran
I haven't been on the boards for quite a while and am interested if anyone feels like I do about Toy Story Land. To me, it was the worst attraction WDW has ever put together. Toy Story Mania entrance and exit for FP holders was ridiculous!! Slinky Dog Dash was nothing but another version of the one at AK and Alien Saucers is another Tea Cup ride. We have carnivals in town with more to offer than TSL!! What a disappointment!

I thought it was fine and is certainly visually appealing for the younger crowd. I don't think it was meant to be the showpiece of the Park but another section to keep crowds occupied when Galaxy's Edge opens.

I don’t feel quite as strongly, but I was somewhat disappointed. The theming is great, but it only has two new attractions while reducing ability to ride an old favorite (without a long wait). We loved Slinky Dog, but had no interest in Alien Saucers, which is just like the tea cups. We couldn’t get a Fast Pass for TSM and therefore didn’t ride because stand by was so long.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I love the whole area.

What exactly do you find ridiculous about the FP line for TSMM? Many FP lines are long and winding. I also have no idea what ride in the Animal Kingdom you are comparing Slinky Dog Dash too.

Is it true that the new Star Wars area will exit straight into TSL?

Sorry you had a bad time. Good news is that’s where the crowds are, so you can spend your time in less popular areas.

I haven't been on the boards for quite a while and am interested if anyone feels like I do about Toy Story Land. To me, it was the worst attraction WDW has ever put together.
I do not feel that way. I think it's a good start and is fine for what it is.

Last edited:
I couldn't disagree with you more. I love the whole area.

What exactly do you find ridiculous about the FP line for TSMM? Many FP lines are long and winding. I also have no idea what ride in the Animal Kingdom you are comparing Slinky Dog Dash too.

The FP line entrance was behind the scenes and the exit was outdoors where you went around the building to get back to the main area of the land. The roller coaster is probably more like the Brainstormer which was at Fantasyland-MK. Disney usually makes an attraction out of a ride, not just a roller coaster sitting along a walkway.

I am considering selling my Disney timeshare (Vacation Club) if their changes are made up of cheap programs instead of the classy rides and programs when the Disney family was in charge. The Little Mermaid at Fantasyland is basically the same as Finding Nemo at Epcot; word has it that Ratatouille is another Dumbo; putting in gondolas (most amusement parks closed them down as Disney also did previously). Now, Illuminations is being discontinued as soon will be Fantasmic and will probably be replaced with projection which is more economical. I am older (69) and have loved Disney but with the recent changes, my interest in the parks is fading. Maybe it is time to visit elsewhere. So sad!!!

I don't think its as bad as you describe.
I like TSM and don't see a problem with the FP line. I'm there to get on and off the ride. I don't care if I'm seeing everything in the line. If I cared I'd go SB and look at it all while I wait and hour.
AS2 wasn't impressive but I just won't bother to go on it and waste my time but if otherws want to that's fine.
SDD is a cute coaster but I wouldn't wait for more than 10 minutes and I won't waste a FP on it so I did it at RD on my last 2 trips and plan to do the same on my next.
I don't like the lack of shade and places to sit in TSL.
I did really like the food at Woody's Lunch Box though.
When I don't care for something I just figure meh let everyone else flock to it and I'l;l do what I enjoy.
So when STGE opens I'll be getting on other attractions with minimal weight and using my FP for other things while everyone else spends hours in lines in that section.

Last edited:
I am considering selling my Disney timeshare (Vacation Club) if their changes are made up of cheap programs instead of the classy rides and programs when the Disney family was in charge. The Little Mermaid at Fantasyland is basically the same as Finding Nemo at Epcot; word has it that Ratatouille is another Dumbo; putting in gondolas (most amusement parks closed them down as Disney also did previously). Now, Illuminations is being discontinued as soon will be Fantasmic and will probably be replaced with projection which is more economical. I am older (69) and have loved Disney but with the recent changes, my interest in the parks is fading. Maybe it is time to visit elsewhere. So sad!!!

Sometimes it just doesn’t feel quite as magical in the parks as it used to. This might be our last year for AP.

BTW SDD is not at all like Primeval Whirl at AK if that's what you're comparing it to.
Primeval Whirl is your very basic "Crazy Mouse" that can be found at any amusement park or at DCA where its called "Goofy's Sky School".

Meanwhile Under the Sea is your ultimate classic dark ride which is getting back to Disney's roots. Its one of my favorites and usually ride it a solid 5 times each trip.

Would love the source for your Ratatouille is Dumbo....
Its not. Its like the ride in DLP which is an immersive ride not just a going in circles in the air ride that wouldn't even m ake sense to have in the World Showcase.

I always thought DVC members were more "in the know' about things than us regular folk but I guess not.

Last edited:
BTW SDD is not at all like Primeval Whirl at AK if that's what you're comparing it to.
Primeval Whirl is your very basic "Crazy Mouse" that can be found at any amusement park or at DCA where its called "Goofy's Sky School".

Meanwhile Under the Sea is your ultimate classic dark ride which is getting back to Disney's roots. Its one of my favorites and usually ride it a solid 5 times each trip.

Would love the source for your Ratatouille is Dumbo....
Its not. Its like the ride in DLP which is an immersive ride not just a going in circles in the air ride that wouldn't even m ake sense to have in the World Showcase.

I always thought DVC members were more "in the know' about things than us regular folk but I guess not.

I really enjoy Under the Sea but my point is that it is almost the same kind of ride as Finding Nemo at Epcot. Think they would think of something new. And, I don't have time to read everything about Disney. Didn't realize DVC members were supposed to be better informed.

The FP line entrance was behind the scenes and the exit was outdoors where you went around the building to get back to the main area of the land. The roller coaster is probably more like the Brainstormer which was at Fantasyland-MK. Disney usually makes an attraction out of a ride, not just a roller coaster sitting along a walkway.

I like that SDD is along the walkway, makes it so you can see the ride and be drawn in to it. Reminds me of parks like Cedar Point where you can look up and ohh and ahh at the roller coaster as it goes by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter