Tower of Terror view at WH?

lbklyn

DIS Veteran
Stayed in a villa in Windsor Hill's in 2008 and loved it! We stayed around the lake so had a lakeview. I am looking into the houses again and as much as I (and my family) love having the lake to look at in the back there is a house I very much like that say's you can see all the WDW fireworks and have a view of Tower of Terror. It is a new house, so I am assuming it would be at the very BACK of WH's? Pretty far from the clubhouse. Wondering if it is still walkable to Clubhouse and do you feel kinda isolated so far back.
I inquired yesterday and have not received a response back yet. Thinking my mom would love to sit in the back and see the fireworks at night. Anyone familiar with the layout of Windsor Hill's it would be much appreciated!:)

I know quite a few homes/condos at WH advertise that you can see the WDW fireworks, which I'm quite sure is true, however, I can't imagine any of the homes having a view of Tower of Terror. The Windsor Hills development is completely on the other side of 192, with a lot of obstacles between 192 and Hollywood Studios. If you're truly looking for a fantastic view of Tower of Terror look into staying at Disney's Boardwalk villas facing the canal which leads to the Studios.......it doesn't get any better than that view.

We often stay at Mystic Dunes, which is just behind Windsor Hills as I recall. We go to the higher floors and stand on the outside walkways to get great fireworks views, but I don't think you'd see much at ground level.

Sheila

From the far back where the very newest houses are, I'd estimate it is about a 12-15 minute walk, but there are parking spaces around the Clubhouse as well if some people in your party have difficulty walking it. When we are there we walk from one end to the other as we like to walk but never timed it from up there specifically.

As far as views of the Tower of Terror, this I never heard or have seen all the times I have been there. Fireworks, if the back of the house is facing Northeast and there are no obstacles, we have been told....we hear them from the Southwest lanai and see reflections off the clouds once in a while toward the North East, direction Disney is from WH.

Hope that helps.

Sandy

Thank you all for your responses! I really fell in love with this house. How silly of them to put that in the house description. For that one little "lie" I would not rent from them. There could be many more. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt first and find out if it was a mistake on their part. Thanks again!

We've stayed in one of the two story homes in the Reserve section on Teascone. You could see the Epcot fireworks from the upstairs bedroom and if I remember correctly you could also see some of the Disney landmarks in that direction but you're quite far away and it wasn't too impressive. After watching once we didn't even bother after that. I wouldn't let that be one of deciding factors for choosing or not choosing a home. It's better to make sure it's got the amenities you want since those are the things you'll be needing daily.
We've stayed in the Reserve section twice and with having our own pool we didn't even bother to go to the clubhouse pool. The kids thought our house pool was warmer than the big one. :)

We've stayed in one of the two story homes in the Reserve section on Teascone. You could see the Epcot fireworks from the upstairs bedroom and if I remember correctly you could also see some of the Disney landmarks in that direction but you're quite far away and it wasn't too impressive. After watching once we didn't even bother after that. I wouldn't let that be one of deciding factors for choosing or not choosing a home. It's better to make sure it's got the amenities you want since those are the things you'll be needing daily.
We've stayed in the Reserve section twice and with having our own pool we didn't even bother to go to the clubhouse pool. The kids thought our house pool was warmer than the big one. :)

Well put, Wanda! I would agree with all of this.

Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter