Touring Plan Projections: Daily more accurate than Disney

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
So many of you have likely heard about Touring Plans before but thought I would post this as it has 2022 in review regarding daily crowd calendar for TP vs Disney.

I personally use Touring Plans, I am not connected with them in any way, and I personally suggest them to anyone going to Disney as they have room maps, room pictures, dining finders, crowd calendars, an app with active wait times, and the ability to program in your day and either see how long it likely will take or optimize it to have them suggest the order of rides/shows/food/breaks.

https://touringplans.com/blog/2022-cc-retrospective-tp-vs-disney

I like Touring Plans, mostly use it for choosing days/parks and checking wait times while in the parks. If you're a first-timer or new-ish to the parks, the touring plans may also be a big help.

I’m really surprised at how under the radar touring plans seems to be. I have been playing with the customizable plans for our April trip and I can see that it may fall flat when accounting for Genie+ and LL times that you can’t plan ahead for. I guess no one would have the time to insert all of those last minute adjustments once you are experiencing your trip. I wonder if I am missing a piece in the Lines tool that can incorporate G+ and LL easily and then optimize your touring plan.

I LOVE TP and have used them for years. Just the Lines app alone is great but the other aspects of TP are pretty good. The lines app is almost always more accurate than disney's posted and MDE wait times. Not sure what's free vs what's paid for in TP but I have the paid subscription and I really feel like it's worth it. I've had good luck with room requests via TP and also the reservation finder. I also like seeing the room views and I do use the crowd calendar to get a snapshot of park hours, events, etc. I always use it before we book a trip and while at the parks.

Agree! Highly recommend the paid version for both WDW and DL. I keep my DL subscription even though I have no idea when I'll be there again. Even if you don't use their plans there is a lot of great information.

I have used in the past... you would be fine if your not doing VQ, ILL or Genie+. But those are all random factors that can throw a wrench into any well made "plan".

I really think TP is what Genie+ should have been... but to do that they'd need to limit crowd levels to match attraction (or at least reservation) capacity.

I’m really surprised at how under the radar touring plans seems to be. I have been playing with the customizable plans for our April trip and I can see that it may fall flat when accounting for Genie+ and LL times that you can’t plan ahead for. I guess no one would have the time to insert all of those last minute adjustments once you are experiencing your trip. I wonder if I am missing a piece in the Lines tool that can incorporate G+ and LL easily and then optimize your touring plan.

Thanks for using the site. We're working on a better way to do intraday adjustments for G+ return times once the day begins. I'd expect to have that done by end of March.

The plans should now recommend specific G+ reservations for your plans. Let me know if you don't see that.

Yes, found it, thank you. I am a visual learner and have really enjoyed the touring plan teaches YouTube videos with Becky. I would suggest introducing a video series with her that takes users step by step through the stages of creating a plan and using the lines app. Am I missing videos on the practical function of the app? It seems to me that a series of engaging practical videos on using TP in the months prior to and then actually following a user functioning while activity using lines, would really spread the word on how this data app could be an amazing enhancer to your trip!

Attachments

• 6A08591E-88DF-421E-B9BF-582B0E9C3DE9.jpeg
    6A08591E-88DF-421E-B9BF-582B0E9C3DE9.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter