Tour plan for marathon week '18

mawatcha

Mouseketeer
Hello, my DH and his sister are doing the Dopey from Jan 4 - 7. I am not as crazy, but doing the marathon on the 7th.

SIL is arriving Jan 3rd with her DH & 2 boys. DH and I arrive late on Jan 2nd.

Feedback welcome for my plan so far, trying to figure out where to add Jiko for 2 at some point.

Jan 3
(DH & I)
- Early breakfast at Kona
- Short morning in MK (get 4 or 5 favourites in)
- Meet SIL & family at POR. Head to WalMart for snacks & groceries, pickup race packages.
- Family dinner at POR or Dis Springs.
- I might go solo for fireworks at MK.

Jan 4
- DH and SIL do 5km.
- AK day for entire party. Optional return to POR for pool or parkhop to MK.
- Dinner and return to AK for RoL.

Jan 5
- DH, SIL 10km.
- Epcot morning, boat to HS for afternoon.
- DH and I go to Jiko?
- Possible return for Fantasmic.

Jan 6
- DH, SIL half.
- HS morning.
- May lose DH and SIL for rest.
- Pool afternoon or parkhop for SIL's fam, and I.
- Epcot fireworks.

Jan 7
- Marathon.
- No parks, pool and may take the kids to crazy golf.
- Celebration dinner at Ohana.

Jan 8
- Full force day at MK.
- Optional returns in afternoon for pool/race recovery.
- Parade, fireworks at MK.

Jan 9
Departure day.

SIL and her 3 only have four-day park hoppers. DH and I have 6-day hoppers. We may do final rides on Jan 9 morning.

Any thoughts welcome :). We are morning people and eat early.

I'm not sure how pleasant or feasible it is to try to do fireworks or Fantasmic when the 2 doing Dopey have to get up at 3:00 AM 4 days in a row?? I know I certainly couldn't do that.

I'm not sure how pleasant or feasible it is to try to do fireworks or Fantasmic when the 2 doing Dopey have to get up at 3:00 AM 4 days in a row?? I know I certainly couldn't do that.

They will head back to sleep earlier :). Only evening I am unsure about is night before marathon. I have trouble sleeping before races anyway.

Not seeing the expo in the plans. Make room for bib/shirt pickup.

Ah it's under Walmart.

Head to WalMart for snacks & groceries, pickup race packages.

I saw "Walmart" and I just passed the words on by.

I would hit the expo earlier to make sure nothing happens to cause you to miss it.

Just keep in mind it is likely to be a very high crowd time this coming year with how close the race falls to NYE (again...). If you want to do the Pandora rides, you may have better luck if you plan for that later in the trip, to give yourself the best booking advantage, although that may put you with an earlier MK day, which, based on crowds last year, would not be ideal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter